In the spirit of taking my motoring backwards, I found myself in a field. But, this time, I meant to be in a field. And I hadn't come in through the gate backwards; I'd come in the conventional way.
And I'd got there in something four-wheel-drive and with proper tyres. And now I was about to fiddle with the differential. What a way to spend a morning. Brilliant.
Back to the backwards bit: I'm in a Land Rover 110. And it's raining. Raining like it's going out of fashion. And the bottom of the tyres have now disappeared beneath the surface of the field. No matter.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.