Hands up if you've enjoyed the 2012 season so far. Quite a few arms in the air out there? You've enjoyed the unpredictability, the different winners, sometimes a quarter of a second covering the top 10 in Q2?
Well, it strikes me that as we prepare to pull the plug on F1's 2.4-litre V8s at the end of 2013, the baby might just slip out with the bath water.
Undeniably, the show has been a good one this year, although some will argue that it's been achieved artificially. Formula 1, they say, should be the pinnacle - in everything.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.