I'm sitting in the airport and I've got a headache. But I've got a headache with a smile!
I'm a Ford works driver again and I can't begin to tell you how good that sounds.
The head has nothing to do with drink or anything like that, it's just the pure excitement and adrenaline of the last few days. I tested the Fiesta RS WRC for the first time yesterday [Thursday], and since the announcement that I'm part of the Ford World Rally Team for next year, I've had about 200 messages on the phone and I don't know how many emails!
I think all of you readers of AUTOSPORT have a good idea of how tough the past few years have been for me as a private driver. When Subaru stopped at the end of 2008, I had a choice: I could sit down, feel sorry for myself and wait for the phone to ring - or I could pick up the phone and call people - and that's what I did.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.