Kimi Raikkonen's return to Formula 1 is fantastic news for the sport. The big question is whether it's such fantastic news for the team that's just signed him.
First things first, I'm not anti-Raikkonen. In fact, an on-song Kimi is a joy to behold, and there's also a lot to like about his no-bullshit attitude to the sport.
He's a ferociously fast racing driver who might already have at least one more world championship to his name had Mercedes provided as reliable engines in the middle of the last decade as it does now.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.