Kimi Raikkonen, over and out. Landing his Citroen on its roof close to the source of the River Severn in the heart of Wales was not the most glamorous end to the Finn's World Rally Championship career.
If, indeed, it is the end of his WRC career.
I think we can be pretty certain it will be.
Raikkonen has had his fun, but it looks like the day job is calling. The busman's holiday is over. And just when the WRC was learning to love him, as well.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.