Filipe Albuquerque topped the opening DTM practice session of the year at Hockenheim on Friday afternoon as the championship's new era got underway.
The Portuguese driver took his brand-new Team Rosberg Audi A5 to the top of the timesheets in 1m34.508s. While this was 0.5 seconds faster than the best time set in the same session 12 months ago in the old-style A4, it was slower than Bruno Spengler's pole time for the corresponding race.
Audis claimed the top five positions in the order with new Phoenix recruit Mike Rockenfeller just 0.025s off the pace. Albuquerque's team-mate Edoardo Mortara was third with Timo Scheider's Abt car and the Phoenix machine of Miguel Molina next up.
Gary Paffett was the best of the Mercedes drivers in sixth for HWA, one spot ahead of Robert Wickens, who headed the rookie drivers in his Mucke Motorsport C-coupe.
BMW's fastest driver was Briton Andy Priaulx; 10th in his RBM M3, while 2011 champion Martin Tomczyk was two places further back in his RMG-run car. BMWs also occupied the final three places on the timesheets, with RBM's Augusto Farfus ahead of Schnitzer pair Bruno Spengler and Dirk Werner.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Filipe Albuquerque Rosberg Audi 1m34.508s
2. Mike Rockenfeller Phoenix Audi 1m34.533s + 0.025s
3. Edoardo Mortara Rosberg Audi 1m34.664s + 0.156s
4. Timo Scheider Abt Audi 1m34.669s + 0.161s
5. Miguel Molina Phoenix Audi 1m34.813s + 0.305s
6. Gary Paffett HWA Mercedes 1m34.839s + 0.331s
7. Robert Wickens Mucke Mercedes 1m34.853s + 0.345s
8. David Coulthard Mucke Mercedes 1m35.169s + 0.661s
9. Christian Vietoris HWA Mercedes 1m35.180s + 0.672s
10. Andy Priaulx RBM BMW 1m35.389s + 0.881s
11. Mattias Ekstrom Abt Audi 1m35.448s + 0.940s
12. Martin Tomczyk RMG BMW 1m35.546s + 1.038s
13. Roberto Merhi Persson Mercedes 1m35.581s + 1.073s
14. Joey Hand RMG BMW 1m35.724s + 1.216s
15. Susie Wolff Persson Mercedes 1m35.732s + 1.224s
16. Adrien Tambay Abt Audi 1m35.747s + 1.239s
17. Ralf Schumacher HWA Mercedes 1m35.822s + 1.314s
18. Jamie Green HWA Mercedes 1m35.863s + 1.355s
19. Augusto Farfus RMG BMW 1m36.004s + 1.496s
20. Bruno Spengler Schnitzer BMW 1m36.091s + 1.583s
21. Dirk Werner Schnitzer BMW 1m36.188s + 1.680s
22. Rahel Frey Abt Audi 1m37.213s + 2.705s