Francesco Sini set the fastest time in the first free practice session of the 2012 International Superstars Series at Monza.
The Chevrolet driver comfortably set the pace in the 30-minute session, his best of 1m55.067s coming on his 10th and final flying lap.
Max Pigoli was more than a second adrift in second place, however the Jaguar driver completed only six laps in the session. Andrea Larini, brother of ex-Formula 1 driver Nicola, was third fastest in his Mercedes, just a tenth behind Pigoli.
Following the top three was a host of the big names, with Thomas Biagi, Tonio Liuzzi and Mika Salo going fourth, fifth and sixth quickest respectively. The session was Liuzzi's first official outing as a Superstars driver.
Three-time Superstars champion Gianni Morbidelli was surprisingly off the pace, setting only the 12th best time, nearly four seconds adrift.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Francesco Sini Solaris Chevrolet 1m55.067s
2. Max Pigoli Ferlito Jaguar 1m56.166s + 1.099s
3. Andrea Larini Romeo Mercedes 1m56.239s + 1.172s
4. Thomas Biagi Dinamic BMW 1m56.481s + 1.414s
5. Tonio Liuzzi CAAL Mercedes 1m57.173s + 2.106s
6. Mika Salo Swiss Maserati 1m57.689s + 2.622s
7. Gian Maria Gabbiani Ferlito Jaguar 1m57.787s + 2.720s
8. Andrea Boffo Roma Mercedes 1m58.182s + 3.115s
9. Paolo Meloni W&D BMW 1m58.194s + 3.127s
10. Stefano Gabellini Dinamic BMW 1m58.334s + 3.267s
11. Nico Caldarola Roma Mercedes 1m58.358s + 3.291s
12. Gianni Morbidelli Audi Italia 1m58.859s + 3.792s
13. Max Mugelli CAAL Mercedes 1m58.958s + 3.891s
14. Mauro Cesari Swiss Maserati 1m59.188s + 4.121s
15. Thomas Schoffler MTM Audi 2m00.177s + 5.110s
16. Simone Monforte MRT Lexus 2m01.070s + 6.003s
17. Walter Meloni W&D BMW 2m01.712s + 6.645s
18. Sandro Bettini Dinamic BMW 2m02.128s + 7.061s
19. Francesco Ascani Todi BMW 2m02.174s + 7.107s
20. Riccardo Bossi Giudici BMW 2m02.879s + 7.812s
21. Leonardo Baccarelli Todi BMW 2m02.961s + 7.894s
22. Marco Fumagalli Giudici BMW 2m10.904s + 15.837s