Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo upbeat on title chances with new F1 car
|By Jonathan Noble||Friday, February 3rd 2012, 09:30 GMT|
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo is confident his team has all it needs to win the world championship once again.
After unveiling its aggressive-looking F2012 at Maranello on Friday, di Montezemolo said in a video message that he was full of confidence that the efforts put in by his staff would be rewarded.
"We want to win, and we want to have right conditions like we had in the past," said di Montezemolo. "We have all the ingredients for a perfect recipe.
"Stefano [Domenicali, team principal] has been working so hard to get the car ready and get the team ready to improve organisation in the company. These changes are important and give us the possibility to have a highly competitive team."
Ferrari undertook a technical reshuffle last year, with Pat Fry stepping up to the role of technical director following the departure of Aldo Costa.
The outfit vowed to be more extreme with its car than it had been in the past, and di Montezemolo was hopeful that any disputes over teams pushing the boundaries of the regulations would not overshadow the campaign.
"Everything has been improved, and I am sure we will be rewarded," he said. "Our fans and supporters want to see us back to great glory. I am sure in the forthcoming season the regulations will have to be trusted in a transparent way, and we trust the FIA to view these regulations with the right spirit."
Ferrari has also received good news on the commercial front too with an extension of its sponsorship deal with banking giants Santander until the end of 2017.