Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Why Sainz believes F1 and FIA must be "tough" on 2027 changes

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Why Sainz believes F1 and FIA must be "tough" on 2027 changes

Hamilton "still motivated" and "100% clear" he will stay at Ferrari in 2027

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Hamilton "still motivated" and "100% clear" he will stay at Ferrari in 2027

It’s not overtaking, it’s “avoiding action" - why Alonso says F1 lost a full decade of “pure racing”

Formula 1
Canadian GP
It’s not overtaking, it’s “avoiding action" - why Alonso says F1 lost a full decade of “pure racing”

Williams signs key leaders from McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Williams signs key leaders from McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine

Behind the scenes at Pirelli: The hidden factors that go into developing F1 tyres

Feature
Formula 1
Behind the scenes at Pirelli: The hidden factors that go into developing F1 tyres

Bahrain GP organisers say government has acted on human rights violations

Bahrain Grand Prix organisers have downplayed fears about the unrest in the kingdom following calls from human rights groups to boycott the event

The Sakhir event is back on the calendar this year after last season's race was first postponed and then cancelled because of the political situation.

Over the weekend, human rights groups urged F1 teams to boycott the race in order to show they "respect human rights."

On Monday, however, Bahrain GP organisers moved to ease fears about the situation, saying the government has already acted to make sure no human rights are violated.

"Last year, the King of Bahrain commissioned an independent report into alleged human rights abuses, the findings of which were published in November," a spokesman for the Bahrain International Circuit said.

"The report found evidence of human rights violations and made certain general and specific recommendations. The Government has fully acknowledged the findings of the report and is acting swiftly and convincingly on the recommendations.

"The Bahrain Grand Prix forms a fundamental part of the local economy. It is supported by an overwhelming majority of people from all sections of society in Bahrain and represents a symbol of national unity.

"The independent report was a milestone for Bahrain and we will now work tirelessly to ensure that the race is a great success."

The Bahrain Grand Prix is scheduled for April 22.

Previous article Why Formula 1 will miss Patrick Head
Next article Lotus sets date for Kimi Raikkonen's return to F1 machinery

Top Comments