Runaway F3 Euro Series championship leader Robert Merhi will start from pole for the fourth time this season after a dominant display in Silverstone qualifying.
The 20-year-old Spaniard rose to the top of the timesheets in the final five minutes, making the most of his fresh rubber to set a 1m52.868s.
Prema's Daniel Juncadella and Mucke's Felix Rosenqvist led the response but Merhi was the only driver able to break the 53 mark - a point he underlined with a second lap good enough for pole.
Juncadella took a share of the front row as he finishes just 0.168s in arrears, with this morning's pacesetter Rosenqvist four tenths down the road in third.
Kimiya Sato sealed fourth one minute from the end, edging out Signature's Marco Wittmann by one hundredth of a second. Both drivers finished more than 1s down on Merhi however.
Marco Sorenson (Mucke) ended sixth fastest, with Gianmarco Raimondo (Prema) falling to seventh. The Canadian had sat fourth with six minutes to go, but fell as others found time on fresh rubber.
Signature duo Carlos Munoz and Daniel Abt will start from eighth and ninth, ahead of Jimmy Eriksson (Motopark).
Laurens Vanthoor will share the sixth and final row with Alon Day (HS Engineering), who was only able to complete five laps.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Roberto Merhi Prema Dallara-Merc 1m52.868s
2. Daniel Juncadella Prema Dallara-Merc 1m53.036s + 0.168s
3. Felix Rosenqvist Mucke Dallara-Merc 1m53.444s + 0.576s
4. Kimiya Sato Motopark Dallara-VW 1m53.931s + 1.063s
5. Marco Wittmann Signature Dallara-VW 1m53.940s + 1.072s
6. Marco Sorensen Mucke Dallara-Merc 1m53.992s + 1.124s
7. Gianmarco Raimondo Prema Dallara-Merc 1m54.080s + 1.212s
8. Carlos Munoz Signature Dallara-VW 1m54.086s + 1.218s
9. Daniel Abt Signature Dallara-VW 1m54.110s + 1.242s
10. Jimmy Eriksson Motopark Dallara-VW 1m54.318s + 1.450s
11. Laurens Vanthoor Signature Dallara-VW 1m54.330s + 1.462s
12. Alon Day HS Dallara-VW 1m55.876s + 3.008s