Casey Stoner puts Honda back on top in final practice at Misano
||Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 08:58 GMT
Casey Stoner led another Honda one-two in final practice for the San Marino Grand Prix at Misano.
After Jorge Lorenzo had put Yamaha back on top in Friday's second session, championship leader Stoner responded with a 1m33.567s on only his fourth lap on Saturday morning. The quickest time of the weekend so far, it guaranteed he would stay in front to the end.
Stoner's team-mate Dani Pedrosa closed to within 0.099 seconds of the Australian in the closing stages, while Lorenzo had to settle for third, 0.323s off Stoner.
Ben Spies was fourth for Yamaha, with Colin Edwards leaping to a brilliant fifth on the Tech 3 Yamaha in the dying moments. His team-mate Cal Crutchlow was ninth.
Andrea Dovizioso (Honda) and Marco Simoncelli (Gresini Honda) took sixth and seventh.
The top Ducati was again the Aspar bike of Hector Barbera, who finished the session in eighth, while Valentino Rossi's struggles continued in a lowly 12th place, two positions behind his factory Ducati team-mate Nicky Hayden.
Cardion Ducati rider Karel Abraham had the only crash of the session, falling with a few minutes to go but getting up unhurt.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Casey Stoner Honda 1m33.567s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m33.666s + 0.099s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m33.890s + 0.323s
4. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m34.285s + 0.718s
5. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m34.321s + 0.754s
6. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m34.420s + 0.853s
7. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m34.606s + 1.039s
8. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m34.659s + 1.092s
9. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m34.797s + 1.230s
10. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m34.919s + 1.352s
11. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m34.924s + 1.357s
12. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m34.933s + 1.366s
13. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 1m35.063s + 1.496s
14. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m35.321s + 1.754s
15. Hiroshi Aoyama Gresini Honda 1m35.357s + 1.790s
16. Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 1m35.558s + 1.991s
17. Toni Elias LCR Honda 1m36.347s + 2.780s