Peugeot driver Anthony Davidson claimed pole position for the fourth round of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup at Imola.
Davidson, who shares his Peugeot 908 turbodiesel with Sebastien Bourdais, set a best time of 1m31.736s around the former home of the San Marino Grand Prix to claim the top spot by six tenths of a second.
Davidson, who also set pole at the Petit Le Mans ILMC race last year, said: "It's good to be on pole position anywhere but especially on this track. It's good to get to the traffic first. With 49 cars on the track, traffic is going to be everything tomorrow."
Le Mans 24 Hours winner Marcel Fassler, who is driving here with Timo Bernhard, took second place in the best of the Audi R18 TDIs on a 1m32.354s.
Stephane Sarrazin ended up third in the second Peugeot, with Allan McNish fourth in the other turbodiesel Audi. Guillaume Moreau was top petrol-powered contender in OAK Racing's OAK Pescarolo-Judd.
LMP2 honours went to Mathias Beche in the TDS Racing ORECA-Nissan. The Swiss driver edged out the similar Boutsen Energy Racing car driven by Dominik Kraihamer.
Jorg Muller narrowly claimed pole from Schnitzer BMW team-mate Dirk Werner in the hotly-contested GTE class. There was just two tenths between the two BMW M3 drivers and the top nine cars were covered by a second.
Pos Cl Drivers Team/Car Time
1. P1 Bourdais/Davidson Peugeot 1m31.736s
2. P1 Bernhard/Fassler Audi 1m32.354s
3. P1 Montagny/Sarrazin Peugeot 1m32.732s
4. P1 Kristensen/McNish Audi 1m32.974s
5. P1 Ragues/Moreau Oak Pescarolo-Judd 1m34.746s
6. P1 Jani/Prost Rebellion Lola-Toyota 1m35.047s
7. P1 Belicchi/Boullion Rebellion Lola-Toyota 1m35.700s
8. P1 Collard/Tinseau/Jousse Pescarolo-Judd 1m35.996s
9. P1 Cortes/Geri/Piccini MIK Zytek 09 1m36.084s
10. P2 Beche/Thiriet/Firth TDS ORECA-Nissan 1m37.208s
11. P2 Kraihamer/de Crem Boutsen ORECA-Nissan 1m37.476s
12. P2 Leventis/Watts/Kane Strakka HPD 1m38.118s
13. P2 Mailleux/Ordonez/Ayari Signatech ORECA-Nissan 1m38.351s
14. P2 Ojjeh/Lombard/Kimber-Smith Greaves Zytek-Nissan 1m38.533s
15. P2 Tucker/Bouchut/Barbosa Level 5 Lola-HPD 1m38.959s
16. P2 Frey/Meichtry/Rostan Race Performance ORECA-Judd 1m38.991s
17. P2 Nicolet/Premat Oak Pescarolo-Judd 1m39.130s
18. P2 Perez-Companc/Russo/Kaffer Pecom Lola-Judd 1m39.198s
19. P2 Rosier/Basso Extreme Limite Norma-Judd 1m39.848s
20. P2 Barlesi/da Rocha/Lafargue Oak Pescarolo-Judd 1m40.146s
21. P2 Gates/Garofall/Phillips RLR MG Lola-Judd 1m40.543s
22. P2 Erdos/Newton/Collins RML HPD 1m40.642s
23. FLM Julian/Zugel/Petersen Genoa FLM 1m42.574s
24. FLM Ducote/Marcelli/Marroc JMB FLM 1m42.755s
25. FLM Schultis/Simon/Schell Pegasus FLM 1m43.285s
26. GTE P Farfus/Muller BMW 1m44.468s
27. FLM Moro/Zhang/Graves Hope FLM 1m44.550s
28. GTE P Werner/Lamy BMW 1m44.683s
29. GTE P Melo/Vilander AF Corse Ferrari 1m44.691s
30. GTE P Ortelli/Makowiecki Luxury Ferrari 1m44.725s
31. GTE P Bell/Walker JMW Ferrari 1m44.730s
32. GTE P Lieb/Lietz Felbermayr Porsche 1m44.895s
33. GTE P Fisichella/Bruni AF Corse Ferrari 1m45.130s
34. GTE P Farnbacher/Simonsen Farnbacher Ferrari 1m45.384s
35. GTE P Pilet/Henzler IMSA Porsche 1m45.467s
36. GTE A Long/Roda Proton Porsche 1m45.650s
37. GTE P Goossens/Holzer Prospeed Porsche 1m45.767s
38. GTE P Beltoise/Jakubowski/Firman Luxury Ferrari 1m45.779s
39. GTE P Dolan/Hancock Jota Aston Martin 1m45.841s
40. GTE A Perazzini/Cioci/Lemeret AF Corse Ferrari 1m45.906s
41. GTE A Krohn/Jonsson/Rugolo Krohn Ferrari 1m46.219s
42. GTE A Armindo/Narac IMSA Porsche 1m46.283s
43. GTE A Bornhauser/Canal/Gardel Larbre Corvette 1m46.614s
44. GTE A Hummel/Christodoulou/Quaife CRS Ferrari 1m46.798s
45. GTE A Ehret/Lynn/Wills CRS Ferrari 1m48.176s
46. GTE A Ried/Felbermayr Felbermayr Porsche 1m48.197s
47. GTE P Rossiter/Mowlem/Hirschi Jetalliance Lotus 1m49.037s
48. GTE P Slingerland/Rich/Lichtner-Hoyer Jetalliance Lotus 1m50.053s
49. FLM Hartshorne/Keating/Keen Neil Garner FLM