Di Resta frustrated with himself
|By Simon Strang and Matt Beer||Monday, May 30th 2011, 15:46 GMT|
Paul di Resta said he was going to be very hard on himself over his Monaco Grand Prix tangle with Jaime Alguersuari, as he encountered the first blip of his so far fairly trouble-free Formula 1 career.
The Scot only finished 12th in Monte Carlo after getting a penalty for his move on the Toro Rosso. Di Resta later had a similar tangle with Jerome d'Ambrosio's Virgin.
He said he knew he was always going to have incidents in his rookie season, but that did not make him any less frustrated.
"There's nothing you can take from it really," di Resta told AUTOSPORT.
"I was going to make a mistake a some point and unfortunately it was quite costly in that position.
"At the same point I'm going to be very critical of myself and it was me to blame.
"I'll just continue to try and rebuild on. In terms of everything else my grand prix was quite enjoyable. I certainly enjoyed driving here."
While accepting blame for the collision, di Resta added that he felt the marshals had confused the situation by waving blue flags at Alguersuari as Lewis Hamilton approached - even though both the McLaren and the Force India were racing the Toro Rosso for position at that point.
"Sometimes these things happen. But what I was quite annoyed about was that he got blue flags to let Lewis by, but I was behind Lewis and I never got the blue flags," said di Resta.
"At the same time I probably should have bided my time because there was probably quite a few points up for grabs."