Wickens stays on top at Ricard
||Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 19:48 GMT
Robert Wickens was quickest again on the second day of Formula Renault 3.5 testing at Paul Ricard.
The Carlin driver was the only man to get under 1m50s, as he put in a 1m49.901s with a late push.
"We tried a fast lap late in the day, without pressure, just for the fun of it," said Wickens. "It all worked well again. I know I'm in the right team to win, I'm fit and it's perfect to have been at the top of the timesheets throughout the test sessions. I'm looking forward to being at Motorland, like all the other drivers are too."
Gravity Charouz's Brendon Hartley was second, with morning session pacesetter Albert Costa third for Epsilon Euskadi.
Likely title contender Daniel Ricciardo missed this week's test due to his Formula 1 reserve duties with Red Bull in Melbourne.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Robert Wickens Carlin 1m49.901s
2. Brendon Hartley Gravity-Charouz 1m50.131s + 0.230s
3. Albert Costa Epsilon Euskadi 1m50.396s + 0.495s
4. Daniil Move P1 1m50.540s + 0.639s
5. Alexander Rossi Fortec 1m50.547s + 0.646s
6. Jean-Eric Vergne Carlin 1m50.604s + 0.703s
7. Arthur Pic Tech 1 1m50.796s + 0.895s
8. Jan Charouz Gravity-Charouz 1m50.875s + 0.974s
9. Daniel Zampieri BVM Target 1m50.878s + 0.977s
10. Cesar Ramos Fortec 1m50.897s + 0.996s
11. Daniel McKenzie Comtec 1m50.960s + 1.059s
12. Jake Rosenzweig Mofaz 1m51.070s + 1.169s
13. Nathanael Berthon ISR 1m51.075s + 1.174s
14. Sergio Canamasas BVM Target 1m51.213s + 1.312s
15. Nelson Panciatici KMP 1m51.213s + 1.312s
16. Stephane Richelmi Draco 1m51.298s + 1.397s
17. Kevin Korjus Tech 1 1m51.330s + 1.429s
18. Filip Salaquarda ISR 1m51.353s + 1.452s
19. Andre Negrao Draco 1m51.525s + 1.624s
20. Walter Grubmuller P1 1m51.537s + 1.636s
21. Oliver Webb Pons 1m51.563s + 1.662s
22. Anton Nebylitskiy KMP 1m51.637s + 1.736s
23. Sten Pentus Epsilon Euskadi 1m51.646s + 1.745s
24. Emmanuel Piget Epsilon Euskadi 1m51.795s + 1.894s
25. Sten Pentus Mofaz 1m51.831s + 1.930s
26. Dominic Storey Mofaz 1m52.605s + 2.704s
27. Daniel de Jong Comtec 1m52.706s + 2.805s