Triple Eight once again dominated V8 Supercar qualifying in Abu Dhabi, but this time it was race one winner Jamie Whincup who took pole.
The Holden star outpaced team-mate Craig Lowndes by just over 0.2 seconds to put himself in the perfect position to maintain his 100 per cent win rate at the Yas Marina circuit.
Mark Winterbottom led the Ford charge in third, while Steven Johnson showed the Dick Johnson team had found some pace overnight by going fourth.
It was a much better session for defending champion James Courtney, who will line up fifth for HRT, while the top six for this evening's race was completed by Lee Holdsworth's Fujitsu Commodore.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap
1. Jamie Whincup Holden 1m56.429s
2. Craig Lowndes Holden 1m56.718s + 0.289s
3. Mark Winterbottom Ford 1m56.771s + 0.342s
4. Steven Johnson Ford 1m56.966s + 0.537s
5. James Courtney Holden 1m56.988s + 0.559s
6. Lee Holdsworth Holden 1m57.049s + 0.620s
7. Jason Bright Holden 1m57.050s + 0.621s
8. Alex Davison Ford 1m57.052s + 0.623s
9. Michael Caruso Holden 1m57.096s + 0.667s
10. Tim Slade Ford 1m57.116s + 0.687s
11. Paul Dumbrell Ford 1m57.403s + 0.974s
12. Todd Kelly Holden 1m57.406s + 0.977s
13. Will Davison Ford 1m57.419s + 0.990s
14. Garth Tander Holden 1m57.443s + 1.014s
15. Russell Ingall Holden 1m57.532s + 1.103s
16. Tony D'Alberto Holden 1m57.550s + 1.121s
17. Jonathon Webb Ford 1m57.571s + 1.142s
18. Shane van Gisbergen Ford 1m57.628s + 1.199s
19. Fabian Coulthard Holden 1m57.673s + 1.244s
20. Steve Owen Holden 1m57.742s + 1.313s
21. David Reynolds Holden 1m57.770s + 1.341s
22. James Moffat Ford 1m57.869s + 1.440s
23. Dean Fiore Ford 1m58.165s + 1.736s
24. Greg Murphy Holden 1m58.175s + 1.746s
25. Jason Bargwanna Holden 1m58.175s + 1.746s
26. Warren Luff Holden 1m58.206s + 1.777s
27. Rick Kelly Holden 1m58.391s + 1.962s
28. Karl Reindler Holden 1m58.651s + 2.222s