Huff fastest again in Macau practice
|By Jonathan Noble||Friday, November 19th 2010, 07:01 GMT|
Rob Huff maintained his advantage in the final free practice session for the World Touring Car finale in Macau on Friday.
Following delays caused by repairs needing to be made to a crash barrier following an accident in a support race session, final practice got underway almost two hours later than scheduled - but Huff was the fastest man throughout. He ended it more than half a second clear of Chevrolet team-mate Yvan Muller.
"That's three out of three - but now I have to get it right in qualifying," the Briton said. "The track is getting faster and faster, but it is not improving as much as we had expected from yesterday.
"We've made some changes to the car and feel happy - and I feel very comfortable out there. Let's hope we don't get any bad luck with yellow or red flags in qualifying now."
SEAT's Tiago Monteiro was third quickest in the session, which managed to run all the way through without a red flag, while fourth fastest Tom Coronel brought his SEAT into the pits early because he was happy with the set-up he had found.
BMW's Andy Priaulx, a former winner of the Guia race, was fifth ahead of Chevrolet's Alain Menu and local driver Darryl O'Young's Lacetti.
The only notable incidents during the session were when Mehdi Bennani spun and crashed his BMW at R Bend, and Fredy Barth hit the barriers and stopped on track at Faraway.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap Laps
1. Rob Huff Chevrolet 2m32.751s 7
2. Yvan Muller Chevrolet 2m33.264s 0.513 8
3. Tiago Monteiro SEAT 2m33.272s 0.521 8
4. Tom Coronel SEAT 2m33.484s 0.733 6
5. Andy Priaulx BMW 2m33.668s 0.917 10
6. Alain Menu Chevrolet 2m33.993s 1.242 8
7. Darryl O'Young Chevrolet 2m34.121s 1.370 9
8. Augusto Farfus BMW 2m34.156s 1.405 9
9. Gabriele Tarquini SEAT 2m34.171s 1.420 11
10. Andre Couto SEAT 2m34.631s 1.880 10
11. Norbert Michelisz SEAT 2m34.859s 2.108 11
12. Kristian Poulsen BMW 2m35.248s 2.497 10
13. Sergio Hernandez BMW 2m35.998s 3.247 7
14. Fredy Barth SEAT 2m36.325s 3.574 5
15. Franz Engstler BMW 2m36.363s 3.612 7
16. Cesar Campanico BMW 2m36.585s 3.834 8
17. Nobuteru Taniguchi BMW 2m37.269s 4.518 10
18. Colin Turkington BMW 2m37.423s 4.672 9
19. Yukinori Taniguchi Chevrolet 2m38.370s 5.619 11
20. Kevin Chen BMW 2m38.553s 5.802 9
21. Michel Nykjaer SEAT 2m38.595s 5.844 8
22. Andrey Romanov BMW 2m38.948s 6.197 11
23. Henry Ho BMW 2m40.392s 7.641 10
24. Philip Ma Honda 2m44.157s 11.406 9
25. Masaki Kano BMW 2m44.865s 12.114 10
26. Jo Merszei BMW 2m45.172s 12.421 8
27. Mehdi Bennani BMW no time