Marc Marquez tightened his grip on the 125cc title even further by taking his 12th pole position of the season at the Valencia finale.
With a 17-point lead over rival Nico Terol, Marquez just needs a top-eight finish tomorrow to become champion.
The Ajo Derbi rider always looked the most likely polesitter this afternoon, as even when briefly deposed by Terol and erstwhile title threat Pol Espargaro, Marquez was always able to get back on top.
His eventual pole time was a 1m39.564s, a tenth ahead of Terol, who pushed his Aspar team-mate Bradley Smith back to third late on.
Marquez gave his team-mate Sandro Cortese a few handy tows to ensure the German completed the front row, leaving Espargaro (Tuenti) in fifth alongside Esteve Rabat, Efren Vazquez and Luis Salom.
Pos Rider Bike Time Gap
1. Marc Marquez Derbi 1m39.564s
2. Nicolas Terol Aprilia 1m39.672s + 0.108s
3. Bradley Smith Aprilia 1m39.712s + 0.148s
4. Sandro Cortese Derbi 1m39.878s + 0.314s
5. Pol Espargaro Derbi 1m39.919s + 0.355s
6. Esteve Rabat Aprilia 1m40.459s + 0.895s
7. Efren Vazquez Derbi 1m40.615s + 1.051s
8. Luis Salom Aprilia 1m41.371s + 1.807s
9. Adrian Martin Aprilia 1m41.378s + 1.814s
10. Randy Krummenacher Aprilia 1m41.451s + 1.887s
11. Tomoyoshi Koyama Aprilia 1m41.461s + 1.897s
12. Jonas Folger Aprilia 1m41.805s + 2.241s
13. Johann Zarco Aprilia 1m41.855s + 2.291s
14. Danny Webb Aprilia 1m41.910s + 2.346s
15. Alberto Moncayo Aprilia 1m41.950s + 2.386s
16. Isaac Vinales Aprilia 1m42.379s + 2.815s
17. Marcel Schrotter Honda 1m42.383s + 2.819s
18. Simone Grotzkyj Aprilia 1m42.687s + 3.123s
19. Peter Sebestyen Aprilia 1m42.715s + 3.151s
20. Jakub Kornfeil Aprilia 1m42.733s + 3.169s
21. Lorenzo Savadori Aprilia 1m42.941s + 3.377s
22. Danny Kent Lambretta 1m43.083s + 3.519s
23. Niklas Ajo Derbi 1m43.115s + 3.551s
24. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Aprilia 1m43.247s + 3.683s
25. Joan Perello Honda 1m43.456s + 3.892s
26. Johnny Rosell Honda 1m43.657s + 4.093s
27. Sturla Fagerhaug Aprilia 1m44.195s + 4.631s
28. Louis Rossi Aprilia 1m44.540s + 4.976s
29. Taylor Mackenzie Honda 1m44.548s + 4.984s
30. Marco Ravaioli Lambretta 1m44.681s + 5.117s
31. John McPhee Honda 1m45.214s + 5.650s
32. Tommaso Gabrielli Aprilia 1m45.593s + 6.029s