Pastor Maldonado extended his GP2 Series points lead by claiming his fourth victory of the season in today's feature race at Hockenheim.
The Rapax driver took the lead at the start when polesitter Charles Pic (Arden) was slow off the line, and aside from one lap during the pitstop cycle he led the entire race from there on.
Addax's Sergio Perez gave Maldonado some trouble during the first stint, but all of the Mexican's attempts to get past were easily defended. He was unable to summon the same sort of pace from his second set of tyres though, and Maldonado went on to take a comfortable 3.8-second win, with Pic completing the podium.
Dani Clos (Racing Engineering) took fourth, while Jules Bianchi was fifth for ART, taking the fastest lap along the way, with Super Nova's Marcus Ericsson, Trident's Adrian Zaugg and iSport's Oliver Turvey completing the points-scorers.
ART's Sam Bird had a nightmare race, starting towards the back of the field after crashing in qualifying and then being given a drivethrough penalty for causing a collision with Giedo van der Garde while fighting the Dutch Addax driver for 10th.
It was also a difficult afternoon for series returnee Romain Grosjean, who was hit from behind by Racing Engineering's Christian Vietoris and had to pit for repairs.
He rejoined the race three laps down, and DAMS' misery was completed when Ho-Pin Tung retired at mid-distance. The Chinese driver had joined his team-mate in the pits at the end of the first lap after breaking his front wing on the Coloni Dallara of Alberto Valerio.
Pos Driver Team Time/Gap
1. Pastor Maldonado Rapax 54m07.807s
2. Sergio Perez Barwa Addax + 3.866s
3. Charles Pic Arden + 12.423s
4. Dani Clos Racing Engineering + 12.900s
5. Jules Bianchi ART + 23.175s
6. Marcus Ericsson Super Nova + 26.399s
7. Adrian Zaugg Trident + 38.594s
8. Oliver Turvey iSport + 42.832s
9. Michael Herck DPR + 45.293s
10. Luca Filippi Super Nova + 45.387s
11. Alberto Valerio Coloni + 47.278s
12. Giedo van der Garde Barwa Addax + 48.783s
13. Johnny Cecotto Trident + 52.108s
14. Sam Bird ART + 52.985s
15. Vlado Arabadjiev Coloni + 1m02.845s
16. Giacomo Ricci DPR + 1 lap
17. Davide Valsecchi iSport + 1 lap
18. Rodolfo Gonzalez Arden + 1 lap
19. Max Chilton Ocean + 2 laps
20. Romain Grosjean DAMS + 3 laps
Fabio Leimer Ocean 34 laps
Ho-Pin Tung DAMS 9 laps
Luiz Razia Rapax 4 laps
Christian Vietoris Racing Engineering 0 laps