Mark Webber says he has no regrets about his 'not bad for a number two driver' comment after winning the British Grand Prix.
But the Red Bull driver admitted on Thursday that he wished he had been ruder over the radio so his conversation was not broadcast to the public.
"I don't have any regrets, no," said Webber ahead of the German Grand Prix. "I don't have any regrets. As a sportsman, and that is why we are all here - it's a sport - and things happen in the heat of the moment that just happen.
"I should have put some colourful language either side of my radio transmission, because maybe it would never have got run. But I was polite and it did get run, and then a few extra people heard what I had to say.
"But in the end, we are a very, very strong team - the mechanics, everyone together on the floor, all the guys, we are very strong. It was a very unique situation and of course one we have learned from, and we will be going forward very aggressively from here on."
The Australian insisted the front-wing controversy was now behind him and the team, and that their relationship is just fine.
"It was a pretty emotionally-charged weekend," he added. "We all know that there were a few things that went on, but it can all easily get blown out pretty quickly. And to be honest, it did.
"Everything is fine. We have most of our discussions throughout the weekend which went pretty well, and we tidied things up earlier in the week which we would do. I had no worries at all that things wouldn't have been addressed, and they were. Christian and I had a good discussions about things, which wasn't too difficult.
"And here we are ready to go at the German Grand Prix - and looking forward to it."
Red Bull team boss Christian Horner said he hoped he had communicated with Webber better before the decision to give Sebastian Vettel his front wing.
"Obviously Silverstone we could have done a better job in communicating with the driver just before qualifying - but situations happen sometimes, and they happen up and down the pitlane, where decisions have to be made," Horner said.
"Obviously we spoke about it after the event, and a lot was made of it - perhaps more than it warranted. But as a team we are pushing very hard, we are pushing to get components to the circuit very aggressively, as are the front-running teams - and that is the way we will continue to operate and that is the only way we are going to be able to compete and fight with the likes of Ferrari and McLaren."
Webber and Horner were speaking during a press conference hosted by watch-maker Casio, who gave both the Australian and Vettel special edition watches.
When asked cheekily whether Webber or Vettel got their watch first, Horner joked: ""They were both given the watches at the same time. We also have plenty of spares and they are all in the same specification so I can't see there being any issues with watches this weekend."