Sauber bullish on chances for Australia
|By Pablo Elizalde||Friday, March 19th 2010, 11:34 GMT|
Sauber's technical director Willy Rampf is confident his team will be significantly stronger at the Australian Grand Prix than it was in Bahrain.
The Swiss squad left Sakhir with nothing to show for after both Pedro de la Rosa and Kamui Kobayashi retired with hydraulics problems.
Both men admitted that the circuit did not suit their car, and the team is expecting to fare a lot better in Melbourne next week.
Rampf said Sauber had also solved the issues that hit the team in Bahrain.
"After our disappointing performance in Bahrain we have to make up for a lot in Australia," said Rampf. "We have analysed the data and drawn conclusions accordingly. I expect us to be significantly more competitive in Melbourne.
"The failures were caused by hydraulic leaks in both cases, but for different reasons. For both problems we will have solutions ready for the race.
"I'm curious about how the tyres will be working. Last year the softer of the two compounds was degrading badly after just a few laps. This time Bridgestone is providing us with a harder compound, which naturally has an impact on the set-up."