Campos insists F1 plans on course
|By Jonathan Noble||Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 16:32 GMT|
The Campos Meta Formula 1 team insist its plans to move into grand prix racing are firmly on course - despite Bernie Ecclestone's doubts.
Ecclestone told The Times earlier this week that he was unsure if all the new teams would make it onto the grid in Bahrain - and singled out Team US F1 and Campos as the ones with the most questions surrounding them.
Campos has insisted, however, that it is not only firmly on course but its investment makes it more committed than ever.
"We have been working extremely hard in the past few weeks to achieve our targets," said a statement issued by the team.
"We have suffered from changes to the FIA rules since we became part of Formula 1, but despite difficulties we have never considered the option of giving up on the championship.
"Our project is solid as it has always been and we confirm we will be in Bahrain in March and of course Abu Dhabi in November."
Team principal Adrian Campos added: "After our investment of 12 million Euros, nobody is thinking to leave, just the opposite. We are fulfilling all the technical requirements imposed by the FIA to achieve our goal."
Campos is hoping to confirm the team's new title sponsor soon, with its Dallara-built chassis having passed the homologation tests that it has been put forward for so far.