Barbera beats Bautista to pole
|By Michele Lostia
||Saturday, October 3rd 2009, 15:09 GMT
Hector Barbera has beaten fellow Spaniard Alvaro Bautista to pole positions ahead of the 250cc Portuguese Grand Prix at Valencia.
The Pepe Aprilia rider's best time of 1m40.596s was set five minutes from the end of the 45-minute session, but no one managed to beat it even though the Aspar Aprilia rider came within six hundredths of it.
Reigning champion Marco Simoncelli had to be content with third with his Gilera, just three hundredths slower than Bautista, with championship leader Hiroshi Aoyama completing the front row with his Scot Honda.
Alex Debon will lead the second row provided his crash with ten minutes left in the session doesn't sideline him. The Blusens Aprilia rider left the scene of the crash on a stretcher.
Raffaele de Rosa on the second Scot Honda will start from the sixth grid slot, ahead of fellow Italian Mattia Pasini with the Globalgest Aprilia and Thai Honda's Ratthapark Wilairot.
Matteoni Aprilia's Jules Cluzel and Aspar Aprilia's Mike di Meglio round up the top ten.
Pos Rider Bike Time Laps
1. Hector Barbera Aprilia 1m40.596s 19
2. Alvaro Bautista Aprilia 1m40.654s + 0.058s 22
3. Marco Simoncelli Gilera 1m40.684s + 0.088s 21
4. Hiroshi Aoyama Honda 1m40.879s + 0.283s 21
5. Alex Debon Aprilia 1m41.008s + 0.412s 13
6. Raffaele De Rosa Honda 1m41.169s + 0.573s 21
7. Mattia Pasini Aprilia 1m41.182s + 0.586s 17
8. R.Wilairot Honda 1m41.190s + 0.594s 21
9. Jules Cluzel Aprilia 1m41.205s + 0.609s 18
10. Mike Di Meglio Aprilia 1m41.353s + 0.757s 19
11. Hector Faubel Honda 1m41.537s + 0.941s 21
12. Karel Abraham Aprilia 1m41.728s + 1.132s 22
13. Thomas Luthi Aprilia 1m41.764s + 1.168s 22
14. R.Locatelli Gilera 1m41.794s + 1.198s 17
15. Shuhei Aoyama Honda 1m42.194s + 1.598s 21
16. Alex Baldolini Aprilia 1m42.312s + 1.716s 19
17. Shoya Tomizawa Honda 1m42.348s + 1.752s 20
18. Lukas Pesek Aprilia 1m42.659s + 2.063s 18
19. Valentin Debise Honda 1m43.427s + 2.831s 18
20. Axel Pons Aprilia 1m43.445s + 2.849s 18
21. Balazs Nemeth Aprilia 1m44.305s + 3.709s 17
22. Vladimir Leonov Aprilia 1m44.583s + 3.987s 18
23. Bastien Chesaux Aprilia 1m45.605s + 5.009s 20
24. C.Moretti Aprilia 1m47.971s + 7.375s 19
25. Imre Toth Aprilia 1m48.795s + 8.199s 9