Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo has topped the second and final practice session at Estoril, after also leading yesterday's running.
The Spaniard, who had made a strong run of four consecutive fastest laps in the first half of the one hour session, shot back to the top of the timesheets thanks to a laptime of 1m36.827s set with one minute remaining.
That pushed Ducati returnee Casey Stoner down to second, 0.325s off Lorenzo's time. The Australian, who missed the last three races, also had a good run of three fastest laps in the final ten minutes of the session.
Championship leader Valentino Rossi ended the session third, over seventh tenths behind Yamaha team-mate Lorenzo.
Tech 3 Yamaha's Colin Edwards was fourth quickest, ahead of the works Hondas of Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso, with Suzuki's Loris Capirossi separating the two HRC riders.
Toni Elias and Alex de Angelis were eighth and ninth with the two Gresini Hondas, while Nicky Hayden's Ducati completes the top ten.
Pos Rider Bike Time Laps
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m36.827s 28
2. Casey Stoner Ducati 1m37.152s + 0.325s 23
3. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m37.571s + 0.744s 27
4. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m37.766s + 0.939s 25
5. Daniel Pedrosa Honda 1m37.942s + 1.115s 28
6. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 1m38.212s + 1.385s 27
7. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m38.252s + 1.425s 26
8. Toni Elias Gresini Honda 1m38.271s + 1.444s 24
9. Alex de Angelis Gresini Honda 1m38.367s + 1.540s 24
10. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m38.418s + 1.591s 27
11. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 1m38.459s + 1.632s 25
12. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati 1m38.549s + 1.722s 25
13. Chris Vermeulen Suzuki 1m38.692s + 1.865s 29
14. Niccolo Canepa Pramac Ducati 1m38.841s + 2.014s 28
15. James Toseland Tech 3 Yamaha 1m38.941s + 2.114s 24
16. Gabor Talmacsi Scot Honda 1m39.457s + 2.630s 27
17. Marco Melandri Hayate Kawasaki 1m39.692s + 2.865s 21