Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Why wet Canadian GP will be "the perfect storm" for F1

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Why wet Canadian GP will be "the perfect storm" for F1

BTCC Snetterton: Rainford dominates to lead home Ingram

BTCC
Snetterton (300 Circuit)
BTCC Snetterton: Rainford dominates to lead home Ingram

Why we need to talk about social media in F1

Feature
Formula 1
Why we need to talk about social media in F1

Super Formula Suzuka: Fukuzumi sees off Iwasa for Rookie Racing's first win

Super Formula
Suzuka
Super Formula Suzuka: Fukuzumi sees off Iwasa for Rookie Racing's first win

Hamilton’s sim-less approach seems to pay off as he outqualifies Leclerc twice at Canadian GP

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Hamilton’s sim-less approach seems to pay off as he outqualifies Leclerc twice at Canadian GP

The fine lines that denied "faster" Antonelli in Canadian GP qualifying

Feature
Formula 1
Canadian GP
The fine lines that denied "faster" Antonelli in Canadian GP qualifying

Supercars Symmons Plains: Feeney halts winless run with dominant display

Supercars
Tasmania Super 440
Supercars Symmons Plains: Feeney halts winless run with dominant display

Antonelli and Russell clear the air after F1 Canadian GP sprint race clash

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Antonelli and Russell clear the air after F1 Canadian GP sprint race clash

FOTA plans response to Mosley

The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) plans to respond to FIA president Max Mosley's latest calls to enter next year's championship, AUTOSPORT has learned

Mosley wrote to the eight remaining FOTA members on Monday telling them that they should ditch the conditions attached to their entries to 2010 so that they can help shape future rules.

In the letter, Mosley said that he wanted to sit down with all the successful 2010 applicants later this month to try and frame regulations that all teams are happy with.

To do that he told FOTA members that they should lodge unconditional entries, and should let him know by the end of business today what they were going to do.

"It is of course up to you, but the simplest way to ensure that all entrants run under the same rules would be if everyone entered under the cost-cap rules as published and then all entrants cooperated to agree modifications to those rules which would make the proposition workable for all parties," said Mosley.

Although FOTA has not issued any official statement about the matter, having been awaiting a response from Mosley for several days, high level sources have confirmed that the teams' organisation is now deciding what its next step is.

The source confirmed that FOTA did plan to reply to Mosley about his letter by the close of play today - although it is not clear what its stance will be.

The FIA is due to announce the list of successful entrants for 2010 on Friday, with only Williams and Force India out of the current teams having lodged unconditional entries so far.

Previous article Grapevine: Paddock Life: Istanbul edition
Next article Q & A with Ross Brawn

Top Comments