Senna 'upset' after Honda snub
|By Pablo Elizalde||Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 17:02 GMT|
Bruno Senna says he is upset following the decision of the soon-to-be-renamed Honda team to choose to stick with Rubens Barrichello over him.
Senna, the nephew of three-time champion Ayrton, was the main favourite to land the second seat alongside Jenson Button if the team were saved.
However, the bosses of the former Honda team have decided to keep Barrichello for another season, leaving Senna with no F1 racing seat for 2009.
Senna said he will have to look elsewhere now, but he admits it will mean a step backwards for him if it's outside of Formula One.
The Brazilian admitted he was annoyed the talks with Honda had taken so long.
"I'm kind of resigned to trying something else. I had a meeting today (Monday) with Ross Brawn and he cancelled," Senna was quoted as saying by Brazil's Agencia Estadao.
"I'm just a little upset because this situation has dragged on for so long, making me lose better professional possibilities.
"Now I'm going to get together with my family, with my advisors, and decide what way to take.
"Anything that I may do will be step backwards. The important thing is to keep Formula One as the top priority. I will bounce back."
Barrichello, meanwhile, insisted nothing had been signed yet, but the veteran racer is hopeful that he will be in action at Barcelona next week.
"My faith says that next week I'll be driving a competitive car in the tests in Barcelona - although I have no document in my hands that assures me of that," he said.
"I've lived four months of waiting and I'm not going to celebrate before crossing the finish line."