Sutil says he's staying at Force India
|By Jonathan Noble||Monday, November 26th 2007, 12:01 GMT|
Adrian Sutil has insisted that his future in Formula One is with Force India next year, as he rules out joining another team for 2008.
Sutil signed a long-term deal with his current outfit last year, but in recent weeks his name was linked in connection with a number of drives elsewhere on the grid for 2008, including Toyota and McLaren at one point.
But speaking during the end-of-season prize giving ceremony for Germany's ADAC club in Red Bull's Hangar-7, Sutil made it clear that he was not looking elsewhere and was now just waiting to see who his teammate at Force India would be.
He reckons that the choice is between Christian Klien and Vitantonio Liuzzi, both of whom tested for the team in Barcelona earlier this month.
"I have a valid contract with Force India for 2008 and I am not looking around elsewhere," said Sutil. "The team, under the new owner, are in the situation to choose an experienced driver and not to look for a pay driver.
"In my personal opinion I think it will be decided between Klien and Liuzzi. Both did an excellent job recently in testing in Barcelona. Both deserve to be in F1 whereas others who are just having money should not race there."