Alonso in no rush to decide on future
|By Jonathan Noble||Thursday, November 22nd 2007, 10:53 GMT|
Two-time world champion Fernando Alonso is in no rush to decide on his future plans, claims his manager, amid continued speculation that he is undecided on making a return to Renault next season.
Alonso parted company with McLaren after a tumultuous 2007 campaign, and both Renault and Red Bull Racing have been linked with possible deals.
But despite the final test of 2007 due to start at Jerez in Spain in two week's time, where ideally Alonso would benefit from getting some mileage with his new team, the Spaniard's manager has said there is unlikely to be any imminent decision about what he plans to do.
Luis Garcia Abad told the BBC: "He will decide when he knows the best option for his future. Fernando is on holiday and we have nothing to say at the moment."
Red Bull Racing already have Mark Webber and David Coulthard under contract for 2008, but that has not stopped speculation that one of them could be moved aside to make way for Alonso.
Renault, meanwhile, have yet to confirm either of their drivers for next season, with Renault boss Flavio Briatore saying earlier this week that there was a 60 percent chance of him rejoining the team that he took both his world titles with.