Felipe Massa shaded the title contenders in the final free practice session at Interlagos.
The Brazilian dominated the hour, ending up a tenth clear of Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Raikkonen, while Fernando Alonso only managed eighth.
There was no repeat of Friday's inclement weather, with a dry track and hot conditions greeting the field.
Massa set the early pace with a 1:12.653 lap, which at that stage put him four tenths of a second clear of Raikkonen and six tenths ahead of the evenly-matched McLarens.
Raikkonen responded with a 1:12.358 on his second run, but this was swiftly beaten by Massa's 1:12.136. Alonso found 0.4 seconds and improved to 1:12.817, while Hamilton did not gain on this run and was pushed right back to 15th as midfield runners improved their times.
As usual the field then switched into qualifying preparations and used supersoft tyres for their last runs, and again it was Massa who set the benchmark by lapping in 1:11.810 with four minutes to go. That was 0.132 seconds quicker than Raikkonen managed on his soft tyre flying lap moments later.
Hamilton then vaulted up the order to split the Ferraris with his soft tyre run, but Alonso's gain was much smaller, and he ended the session down in seventh place, 0.8 seconds off the pace.
Mark Webber showed strong form throughout the session and eventually took fourth for Red Bull, with Jarno Trulli bringing his Toyota up to fifth with his last run.
Rubens Barrichello also had a promising morning at his home track and spent much of the hour in the top ten before taking sixth.
BMW had a disappointing time, with Nick Heidfeld only seventh, and Robert Kubica falling to 20th after stopping on the exit of Cotovelo with a mechanical problem.
Sebastian Vettel and Vitantonio Liuzzi took an impressive ninth and 11th for Toro Rosso, sandwiching Williams' Nico Rosberg.
Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:11.810 + 22
2. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:11.934 + 0.124 18
3. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1:11.942 + 0.132 21
4. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:12.446 + 0.636 14
5. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:12.461 + 0.651 23
6. Barrichello Honda (B) 1:12.478 + 0.668 24
7. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) 1:12.579 + 0.769 25
8. Alonso McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:12.594 + 0.784 12
9. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:12.767 + 0.957 18
10. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:12.823 + 1.013 20
11. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:12.893 + 1.083 20
12. Fisichella Renault (B) 1:12.913 + 1.103 20
13. Button Honda (B) 1:13.015 + 1.205 22
14. R.Schumacher Toyota (B) 1:13.046 + 1.236 23
15. Kovalainen Renault (B) 1:13.090 + 1.280 20
16. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:13.117 + 1.307 12
17. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:13.299 + 1.489 16
18. Sato Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:13.331 + 1.521 16
19. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) 1:13.474 + 1.664 17
20. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) 1:13.525 + 1.715 14
21. Sutil Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:13.684 + 1.874 21
22. Yamamoto Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:13.872 + 2.062 21
All timing unofficial