The Grand Prix Drivers' Association (GPDA) has agreed that its current three directors will remain on board for another year, autosport.com can reveal.
Following a meeting at Fuji on Friday night, the drivers took their annual vote on who should be the directors of the drivers' safety body for the following season.
And despite some desire within the body for one of the sport's younger stars to take up the mantle, it was eventually agreed that the current directors of Fernando Alonso, Mark Webber and Ralf Schumacher will remain at the helm for another year.
Schumacher also acts as the GPDA secretary.
Speaking to autosport.com after the meeting, Webber said he was happy that the board had been given a vote of confidence after their efforts this year.
"Yeah, it brought a tear to my eye mate," he smiled. "Seriously, I am happy that we've been given the vote for another year."
When asked if he was disappointed, however, that some of the sport's younger drivers were still reluctant to get involved, Webber said: "No, not really.
"I am sure drivers like Heikki (Kovalainen) and Nico (Rosberg) could do it, and it would be nice to get Lewis (Hamilton) on board, just to give them a bit of a better understanding of what we do and help us knuckle down with things."
Should Schumacher not race in F1 next season then the GPDA will likely have to find a replacement director.