Allmendinger likely to stay
|By Glenn Freeman||Thursday, September 21st 2006, 09:54 GMT|
Champ Car title contender AJ Allmendinger expects to stay in the open wheel series next year despite recently making his NASCAR Craftsman Truck debut.
The American made his first of two starts in the series last weekend at New Hampshire and finished 13th, but he doesn't intend to make a full-time switch in the near future.
Allmendinger signed up for the races with Bill Davis Racing in between leaving RuSPORT and joining Forsythe earlier this season, where he went on to score three consecutive Champ Car victories during the summer.
"Gerry (Forsythe, team boss) was nice enough to let me do these two races and I appreciate that," he said. "He's made me a contract offer and I'll most likely be back."
Allmendinger was pleased with the experience he gained on his NASCAR debut though, as he experienced both the good and bad all in one weekend.
"I was quick, I crashed, I started and the back, passed and bunch of cars, made some new friends and some new enemies, so it was a complete weekend," he said.
"But I finished in the top 15 and on the lead lap so that was better than I figured I was going to do.
"I raced with Mark Martin for 20 laps, and afterwards he and Mike Bliss told me I did a good job so that made me feel good."