Ferrari's announcements remain on schedule
|By Jonathan Noble
||Saturday, August 26th 2006, 08:26 GMT
Ferrari insist that there is no change to their schedule of announcing their 2007 driver line-up at the Italian Grand Prix next month.
Speculations surfaced at Istanbul this weekend suggesting that the announcement would be delayed after Michael Schumacher told German media that his decision may take 'even longer' than the 14 days left until Monza.
However, the team's technical director Ross Brawn has made it clear that Ferrari are set on sorting out their plans in two week's time.
"As far as I know, the decision will be made at Monza," said Brawn in the paddock at Istanbul.
A team spokesman added: "Nothing has changed ever since we said that we will announce the drivers at Monza."
Brawn also confirmed that the team were still scheduled to reveal their future structure at the end of the season.
Autosport revealed last month that Brawn is planning to take a sabbatical next year, and in Istanbul yesterday, the Briton dropped a firm hint that there would be changes of personnel.
"We'll have a presentation on the new structure of Ferrari after the season has finished," he explained.
"Then you will see how we are going to structure Ferrari for the future. But at the moment we don't want to disturb our attempts to win the world championship so we won't comment on that."
When asked whether his comments meant there would definitely be a new structure, Brawn responded: "Not necessarily. We will tell you at the end of the season."