Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

DS Penske finishes in style with a victory for Barnard

Formula E
London ePrix II
DS Penske finishes in style with a victory for Barnard

Formula E London E-Prix: Wehrlein takes second title despite no points in season finale

Formula E
London ePrix II
Formula E London E-Prix: Wehrlein takes second title despite no points in season finale

DTM Nurburgring: Wittmann wins for BMW after AMG meltdown

DTM
Nurburgring
DTM Nurburgring: Wittmann wins for BMW after AMG meltdown

Why Garden Gate Green and Yamura White are all part of McLaren’s colourful history

Feature
Formula 1
Why Garden Gate Green and Yamura White are all part of McLaren’s colourful history

The changes that thrust BMW into title contention in WEC

WEC
The changes that thrust BMW into title contention in WEC

The best drives of F1 2026 so far, according to our writers

Formula 1
Dutch GP
The best drives of F1 2026 so far, according to our writers

A fine performance from DS Penske in race one at the London E-Prix

Formula E
London ePrix I
A fine performance from DS Penske in race one at the London E-Prix

Formula E London E-Prix: Wehrlein dominates race one to take championship lead

Formula E
London ePrix I
Formula E London E-Prix: Wehrlein dominates race one to take championship lead

Nico Hulkenberg has "good options" in F1 for 2016

Nico Hulkenberg believes he still has "a few good options" in Formula 1 for 2016 despite being overlooked by Ferrari

Hulkenberg was one of the names in the frame for Kimi Raikkonen's seat should the Scuderia have chosen to dispense with the services of the Finn.

Ferrari, however, ended months of speculation on Wednesday by opting to take up the option in the 2007 world champion's contract for next season.

Hulkenberg, who turned 28 on Wednesday, concedes he was neither surprised nor disappointed by Ferrari's news regarding Raikkonen.

"I knew it was coming, and if there's no expectation there can't be disappointment," said Hulkenberg.

"There are a few good options out there, and I'm pretty confident I can put something good together and that I'll be here next year in a good car."

As to whether he would be willing to join new team Haas, Hulkenberg said: "It depends on what options you have and how many.

"But this is the time of the year when you talk to everyone and you assess your options.

"You put things how you like them and make a decision when the time is right.

"At the moment I'm working quietly in the background preparing everything."

For now, Hulkenberg is hopeful Force India can take another step forward with its B-spec car in this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix at Spa.

"The B-spec is a big success so far and the team is pushing really hard right now for some more updates here this weekend, and also I think for Singapore," he said.

"I'm quite excited about that because what they promised [performance-wise] for the B-spec was really happening, so if updates keep coming like this then things are looking quite good and promising."

Previous article Grosjean says young F1 drivers must be patient as Raikkonen stays
Next article Full transcript of 2015 Belgian GP Thursday press conference

Top Comments

Latest news