Josef Newgarden stays with merged CFH team for 2015 IndyCar
|By Mark Glendenning||Sunday, August 24th 2014, 16:51 GMT|
Josef Newgarden will remain in the #67 IndyCar next year after signing with the newly-merged CFH Racing team.
Newgarden is in his third consecutive season with Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing, which announced last week that it will merge with Ed Carpenter Racing to form a multi-car team during the off-season. His deal is for one year, with a further one-year option.
"I decided to stay here because I believe in our group and everything that we've built and where we are going," said Newgarden, who will start Sunday's IndyCar race at Sonoma from the front row.
"It's a very strong situation that's on the rise, and I think next year is the year to capitalise on it.
"Ed [Carpenter] has been one of the biggest guys who has helped me in my career so far in IndyCar.
"He was one of the first to stick his hand out and lend some advice. I think he will add many strengths to our unit and that we will be one strong entity for the whole 2015 season."
SFHR co-owner Sarah Fisher said that she is pleased to have the opportunity to build on the progress that the team and Newgarden have made together over the past couple of seasons.
"Over the last three years, we have focused to build our team with Josef front and centre, and we are extremely excited to continue that progress into 2015," Fisher said.
"I know how much effort Josef and our team put toward being the best and am looking forward to delivering even more tools for them to work with at CFH Racing next year."
CFH is still yet to announce its manufacturer partner for 2015.