Ryan Hunter-Reay topped the final practice session ahead of qualifying for this weekend's IndyCar race at Mid-Ohio.
Hunter-Reay's Andretti Autosport team-mates James Hinchcliffe and Marco Andretti both enjoyed brief stints on top early in the session before the Indianapolis 500 winner moved to P1 with a 1m05.9011s.
He improved that by nearly 0.2 seconds with his final lap to confirm his place at the top.
Similarly late improvements delivered Scott Dixon and Justin Wilson into the top three, with Dixon the lone Chevrolet representative in a top five otherwise dominated by Honda-powered entries.
The session was interrupted by just one brief spell under red flags when Sebastian Saavedra spun at Turn 12.
The Colombian, who was third-fastest at the time, was swiftly retrieved, and finished the morning with the seventh-fastest lap.
Pos Driver Team/Engine Time Gap
1. Ryan Hunter-Reay Andretti/Honda 1m05.7082s
2. Scott Dixon Ganassi/Chevy 1m05.8042s +0.0960s
3. Justin Wilson Coyne/Honda 1m05.8159s +0.1077s
4. Simon Pagenaud Schmidt/Honda 1m05.9164s +0.2082s
5. Mikhail Aleshin Schmidt/Honda 1m05.9424s +0.2342s
6. Sebastien Bourdais KV/Chevy 1m05.9572s +0.2490s
7. Sebastian Saavedra KV/Chevy 1m05.9711s +0.2629s
8. Graham Rahal Rahal/Honda 1m05.9811s +0.2729s
9. James Hinchcliffe Andretti/Honda 1m05.9815s +0.2733s
10. Ryan Briscoe Ganassi/Chevy 1m06.0350s +0.3268s
11. Will Power Penske/Chevy 1m06.0662s +0.3580s
12. Carlos Munoz Andretti/Honda 1m06.0691s +0.3609s
13. Charlie Kimball Ganassi/Chevy 1m06.0731s +0.3649s
14. Marco Andretti Andretti/Honda 1m06.0747s +0.3665s
15. Helio Castroneves Penske/Chevy 1m06.0954s +0.3872s
16. Josef Newgarden Fisher/Honda 1m06.1407s +0.4325s
17. Carlos Huertas Coyne/Honda 1m06.1630s +0.4548s
18. Juan Pablo Montoya Penske/Chevy 1m06.2156s +0.5074s
19. Tony Kanaan Ganassi/Chevy 1m06.3132s +0.6050s
20. Mike Conway Carpenter/Chevy 1m06.3304s +0.6222s
21. Takuma Sato Foyt/Honda 1m06.3529s +0.6447s
22. Jack Hawksworth Herta/Honda 1m07.0319s +1.3237s
All drivers use Dallara chassis