Marc Marquez topped the post-race MotoGP test at Barcelona, with included a trial of a revised layout using part of the Formula 1 configuration.
MotoGP has continued to use the pre-2007 version of the Catalunya circuit, running the full length of the back straight before the Turn 10 left-hander, and keeping the two fast right-handers at the end of the track rather than using the F1 chicane.
Amid concerns about a lack of run-off at the end of the back straight following a spate of accidents at Turn 10, MotoGP began Monday's test using the F1 variant of the corner, which is tighter and begins earlier, though rider responses were mixed.
The standard MotoGP layout was adopted for the majority of the day.
Marquez headed the timesheets for Honda with a 1m41.184s lap, 0.04 seconds ahead of Tech 3 Yamaha's Bradley Smith.
Jorge Lorenzo had set the initial pace and ended up third overall on the factory Yamaha.
Pol Espargaro and Stefan Bradl completed the top five, with Pramac's Andrea Iannone top Ducati in sixth.
Catalunya Grand Prix podium finishers Dani Pedrosa and Valentino Rossi were back in seventh and 10th.
Suzuki took part in the test as it continues preparations for its MotoGP return in 2015. Randy de Puniet was 17th quickest.
The test also featured a MotoGP debut for Moto2 frontrunner Dominique Aegerter, who was 22nd on one of Avintia's FTR-Kawasakis.
Pos Rider Bike Time Gap
1. Marc Marquez Honda 1m41.184s
2. Bradley Smith Tech 3 Yamaha 1m41.224s +0.040s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m41.515s +0.331s
4. Pol Espargaro Tech 3 Yamaha 1m41.640s +0.456s
5. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m41.655s +0.471s
6. Andrea Iannone Pramac Ducati 1m41.874s +0.690s
7. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m41.969s +0.785s
8. Yonny Hernandez Pramac Ducati 1m42.138s +0.954s
9. Aleix Espargaro Forward Yamaha 1m42.153s +0.969s
10. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m42.174s +0.990s
11. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 1m42.379s +1.195s
12. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m42.542s +1.358s
13. Cal Crutchlow Ducati 1m42.909s +1.725s
14. Scott Redding Gresini Honda 1m43.294s +2.110s
15. Michele Pirro Ducati 1m43.305s +2.121s
16. Karel Abraham Cardion Honda 1m43.449s +2.265s
17. Randy De Puniet Suzuki 1m43.683s +2.499s
18. Hector Barbera Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m44.163s +2.979s
19. Colin Edwards Forward Yamaha 1m44.364s +3.180s
20. Mike di Meglio Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m44.624s +3.440s
21. Michael Laverty PBM Aprilia 1m45.076s +3.892s
22. Dominique Aegerter Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m45.370s +4.186s
23. Broc Parkes PBM Aprilia 1m45.534s +4.350s