Click to view our fantastic subscription offers

Instant access to the F1 paddock

You have 10 views remaining

You have read 5 stories this month. After 15, you will need to register or subscribe.

Register with us for free to view 60 stories a month.

Or subscribe to AUTOSPORT+ for unlimited news stories and access to our exclusive subscriber-only content.

Our commitment to quality journalism

We've introduced metered access to AUTOSPORT which will ensure that the majority of our visitors can continue to view the site for free. But we think that is worth a small investment from those who use it most, so that we can continue to send the leading experts in their field to motor racing paddocks all over the world to break the latest news and produce the most compelling interviews and race reports.

Every visitor gets 15 free page views per month. Once you reach the limit you can register to get 60 views or choose one of our value-for-money subscription packages to continue viewing and to get additional access to a range of features including:

  • Unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
  • Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
  • Get AUTOSPORT magazine in a digital format on your computer or iPad every week
  • Full access to FORIX - the world's best motorsport statistics website

We greatly appreciate your continued support to keep AUTOSPORT at the forefront of motorsport coverage, and we look forward to welcoming you as a new subscriber.

Glenn Freeman Editor
Find out more about our subscriptions

Le Mans 24 Hours down to 55 cars as Millennium LMP2 team withdraws

Millennium ORECA-Nissan, Paul Ricard WEC testing, March 2014

The Millennium Racing LMP2 team has pulled out of next weekend's Le Mans 24 Hours.

The squad run by Delta-ADR was forced to withdraw its solo ORECA-Nissan 03 from the Le Mans test day last weekend, but was still trying to take part in the World Endurance Championship blue riband on June 14/15.

It extended its deadline for the arrival of its funding from backer Millennium Development until today and then made the decision not to leave for France ahead of its Monday scrutineering slot when that deadline passed.

Team principal Simon Dowson said: "We waited as long as we possibly could: the truck was packed and all the team were ready to go, but finally we received confirmation that the funding would not arrive until mid next week.

"With the delays we have already experienced, we have no option than to wait."

Delta-ADR, which won LMP2 in five of the eight races in last year's WEC, made two entries for the 2014 series under the Millennium banner, but was forced to miss the first two rounds at Silverstone and Spa and withdraw from Le Mans courtesy of its funding issues.

It was subsequently re-admitted to the Le Mans list with a solo car after further withdrawals meant that all the reserves gained firm entries.

Dowson said that the team would begin planning for its return to the WEC as soon as the funding was in place.

He explained that the team expects to contest the Spielberg round of the European Le Mans Series in July with at least one car.

"We don't want to turn up at Austin as our first race of the season, because our drivers will need track time," said Dowson.

Millennium's withdrawal means there will be just 55 entries going into Le Mans week.

  More news  
Read the AUTOSPORT Digital Edition
Visit the shop
See highlights from 60 years of AUTOSPORT
Breaking news feed
Live commentary feed