Jeroen Bleekemolen topped a frantic Blancpain Sprint Series qualifying session at Nogaro.
The Grasser Lamborghini driver dispatched early pacesetter Laurens Vanthoor in Q3 with four minutes to go, with a lap of 1m25.046s.
That time sent a stunned Vanthoor back to the pits without a response, just over a tenth down on Bleekemolen.
The two WRT Audi cars rounded out the top three spots, with Vanthoor beating Q2 pacesetter Rene Rast, who could only get within four tenths of the eventual session leader.
Peter Kox led the Pro-Am category in his Blancpain Racing Lamborghini, closely followed by the three Audis of Markus Winkelhock, Gregory Guilvert and Marc Basseng.
Caca Bueno was the highest placed BMW in ninth after a disappointing session.
Former Formula 1 driver Nelson Piquet followed team-mate Bueno to complete the top 10.
Racing returnee Alex Zanardi had a positive debut with a 12th and 11th place finish in Q1 and Q2, and narrowly missed out on a place in the final shootout. He will start 14th on the grid.
Mateusz Lisowski was the highest placed Silver Cup driver in 13th in the third WRT Audi entry.
Pos Drivers Team/Car Time Gap
1. Proczyk/Bleekemolen Grasser Lamborghini 1m25.046s
2. Vanthoor/Ramos WRT Audi 1m25.178s +0.132s
3. Rast/Ide WRT Audi 1m25.455s +0.409s
4. Hayek/Kox Blancpain Lamborghini 1m25.487s +0.441s
5. Winkelhock/Mayr-Meinhof Phoenix Audi 1m25.601s +0.555s
6. Guilvert/Ortelli G-Drive Audi 1m25.788s +0.742s
7. Latif/Basseng Phoenix Audi 1m25.788s +0.742s
8. Buhk/Goetz HTP Mercedes 1m26.012s +0.966s
9. Bueno/Jimenez Team Brasil BMW 1m26.038s +0.992s
10. Piquet/Stumpf Team Brasil BMW 1m26.122s +1.076s
11. Dusseldorp/Afanasiev HTP Mercedes 1m26.317s Q1
12. Montermini/Salaquarda Villorba Ferrari 1m26.391s Q1
13. Lisowski/Abril WRT Audi 1m26.393s Q1
14. Zanardi ROAL BMW 1m26.401s Q2
15. Colombo/Fumanelli ROAL BMW 1m26.595s Q2
16. Halek/Enge Grasser Lamborghini 1m26.716s Q1
17. Toril/Bastian Fortec Mercedes 1m26.751s Q2
18. Hetherington/Ebrahim Fortec Mercedes 1m26.761s Q1
19. Onidi/Pantano Bhaitech McLaren 1m27.180s Q1
20. Pentus/Lloyd Bhaitech McLaren 1m27.216s Q2