Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo recorded the fastest time in a wet practice session on Saturday morning ahead of qualifying for the Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix.
The Australian driver was quickest in the damp, slippery conditions ahead of the Williams of Felipe Massa.
Rain started to fall at the beginning of the session and intermittently throughout the hour. More rain is expected for qualifying later on Saturday afternoon.
The bad weather meant running was limited, with the Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren teams sitting out most of the session.
China weekend driver quotes and data on FORIX
In the late stages, both Nico Rosberg and Kevin Magnussen emerged in the last 10 minutes for a run but did not complete a timed lap.
Romain Grosjean was third quickest in his Lotus, but there were more problems for his team-mate Pastor Maldonado.
Despite setting the sixth fastest time he was ordered by his team to stop his car with 20 minutes of the session remaining and pulled to the side of the track at Turn 10.
Just ahead of Maldonado on the timesheets was Kimi Raikkonen, who emerged from his garage for a late run to set the fifth fastest time overall in his Ferrari.
Nico Hulkenberg was fourth fastest in his Force India, while Daniil Kvyat was seventh in his Toro Rosso.
Next up was Valtteri Bottas who was one of the drivers who was caught out in the tricky conditions, spinning his Williams on the exit of Turn 10 in the mid-stage of the hour, but able to continue unharmed.
On his installation lap Jean-Eric Vergne was complaining about a problem with his Renault power unit in the back of the Toro Rosso, but managed five laps in total.
Track temperatures were particularly low - 14 degrees C air and 15 degrees on track. Qualifying commences at 2pm local time.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap Laps
1. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull-Renault 1m53.958s 5
2. Felipe Massa Williams-Mercedes 1m54.492s +0.534s 5
3. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m54.514s +0.556s 4
4. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1m55.032s +1.074s 6
5. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1m55.062s +1.104s 4
6. Pastor Maldonado Lotus-Renault 1m55.228s +1.27 s 12
7. Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso-Renault 1m55.235s +1.277s 7
8. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Mercedes 1m55.381s +1.423s 5
9. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m55.673s +1.715s 4
10. Sergio Perez Force India-Mercedes 1m56.019s +2.061s 6
11. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m56.233s +2.275s 8
12. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Renault 1m56.380s +2.422s 9
13. Adrian Sutil Sauber-Ferrari 1m56.760s +2.802s 8
14. Max Chilton Marussia-Ferrari 1m56.841s +2.883s 13
15. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari 1m57.468s +3.51 s 9
16. Kamui Kobayashi Caterham-Renault 1m57.812s +3.854s 12
17. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Ferrari 1m57.976s +4.018s 14
18. Marcus Ericsson Caterham-Renault 1m59.507s +5.549s 6
19. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 4
20. Kevin Magnussen McLaren-Mercedes 3
21. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1
22. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 3