Jamie Whincup capitalised on a controversial move on Triple Eight team-mate Craig Lowndes to win the first V8 Supercars race of the weekend at Symmons Plains.
Lowndes led the Triple Eight Race Engineering pair for the first half of the race and was in control before a safety car caused by Rick Kelly's trip into the Turn 6 gravel trap on lap 21.
After the safety car, Whincup set about working on his team-mate, and dived down the inside at Turn 6 on lap 26, hitting Lowndes in the front left door and pushing him onto the gravel.
Holden Racing Team's James Courtney moved up to second following the departure of Lowndes, and came under heavy pressure from Mark Winterbottom, shortly after the safety car.
Some good defensive driving allowed Courtney to consolidate second and Winterbottom had to settle for third as the highest placed Ford.
Series veteran Russell Ingall came home in fourth after taking his best qualifying position in six years in third.
He had a terrible start but recovered after the safety car to lead the late charging Kiwi Scott McLaughlin, who was the highest finishing Volvo in fifth.
Lowndes fought back late on in the race having rejoined 11th after the incident with Whincup, finishing eighth.
Results - 42 laps:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Jamie Whincup Triple Eight Holden 39m48.2632s
2. James Courtney HRT Holden +0.8999s
3. Mark Winterbottom FPR Ford +1.3537s
4. Russell Ingall Dumbrell Holden +5.1238s
5. Scott McLaughlin Volvo +5.3126s
6. Garth Tander HRT Holden +5.7946s
7. Will Davison Erebus Mercedes +6.3556s
8. Craig Lowndes Triple Eight Holden +8.7485s
9. Fabian Coulthard Brad Jones Holden +8.8913s
10. Scott Pye Dick Johnson Ford +9.2640s
11. Shane van Gisbergen Tekno Holden +9.8129s
12. David Wall Dick Johnson Ford +12.4933s
13. Chaz Mostert FPR Ford +14.1251s
14. Tim Slade Rosenberg/HRT Holden +15.3264s
15. Jason Bright Brad Jones Holden +15.4875s
16. Lee Holdsworth Erebus Mercedes +17.6191s
17. Nick Percat Walkinshaw/HRT Holden +17.8620s
18. James Moffat Nissan +19.1756s
19. Dale Wood Britek/BJR Holden +19.7717s
20. Robert Dahlgren Volvo +20.0199s
21. Michael Caruso Nissan +20.8816s
22. Jack Perkins Schwerkolt/FPR Ford +35.9884s
23. David Reynolds Rod Nash/FPR Ford +1 lap
Rick Kelly Nissan 19 laps
Todd Kelly Nissan 13 laps