Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Piastri "flattered" by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

NASCAR Cup
Charlotte
NASCAR great Kyle Busch dies at 41 after illness

Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Verstappen: 2027 engine changes “definitely” help me stay in F1

Why Sainz believes F1 and FIA must be "tough" on 2027 changes

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Why Sainz believes F1 and FIA must be "tough" on 2027 changes

Hamilton "still motivated" and "100% clear" he will stay at Ferrari in 2027

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Hamilton "still motivated" and "100% clear" he will stay at Ferrari in 2027

It’s not overtaking, it’s “avoiding action" - why Alonso says F1 lost a full decade of “pure racing”

Formula 1
Canadian GP
It’s not overtaking, it’s “avoiding action" - why Alonso says F1 lost a full decade of “pure racing”

Williams signs key leaders from McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Williams signs key leaders from McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine

Behind the scenes at Pirelli: The hidden factors that go into developing F1 tyres

Feature
Formula 1
Behind the scenes at Pirelli: The hidden factors that go into developing F1 tyres

Ricciardo says no quick fix for Red Bull's problems with new F1 car

Daniel Ricciardo has suggested there is no quick fix to the Red Bull Formula 1 team's early 2014 problems

But the Australian is sure the reigning champion outfit still has time to sort its issues before the season starts at his home grand prix.

Red Bull has had a troubled first pre-season test, completing just 14 laps so far after a spate of overheating and electrical problems.

Team principal Christian Horner and technical chief Adrian Newey left the Jerez test on Thursday to return to its Milton Keynes base to start work on its recovery plan.

Ricciardo, who is hoping a temporary fix for the issues can be implemented for Friday so he can at least get some running, is sure that things will improve over the next few weeks.

Gary Anderson analyses Red Bull's plight

"They assume it is going to be something that they will have to go back to the factory and sort it all out," explained the Australian.

"But at the same time they are trying and hoping that a quicker fix is ready for tomorrow. We will see.

"For nearly 36 hours pretty much they have worked on the car to try to get it running. We are a bit unsure right now."

Ricciardo reckoned Newey and Horner's early departure from the test was essential, so they could start working on curing the issues as quickly as possible.

"Adrian has gone back to the drawing board definitely," he said. "There is only so much they can do at the track,

"Adrian is pretty happy working in his office back at Milton Keynes, he will definitely be getting involved, trying to sort out the next step."

But even if a quick solution cannot be found, Ricciardo feels that Red Bull has the qualities to recover its situation, even if that does not take place by the first race in Melbourne.

"We have still got a lot of time. Time is on our side still.

"Even if we go to Melbourne still a bit whatever, it is a long season.

"These guys know how to win, that is important. I am sure sooner rather than later we will get it all together. It is still really early days."

Previous article Red Bull curtails its Formula 1 test day at Jerez again
Next article Kevin Magnussen says 2014 F1 debut not 'balls to the wall'

Top Comments

Latest news