Andre Negrao led a front row lockout for Draco in a chaotic wet qualifying session for Formula Renault 3.5 at the Hungaroring.
Heavy rain in Hungary caused the track to be almost flooded, leading to several drivers spinning off and causing red flags.
In the end, after the fourth stoppage in just 26 minutes of running, the session was abandoned.
By that stage every car that had not found its way to the gravel had at least set a time, and it was Draco pair Negrao and Nico Muller who led the way.
2010 champion Mikhail Aleshin was next up in third, and he will share the second row of the grid with Red Bull junior Antonio Felix da Costa.
Title outsider Will Stevens was next up, and he will have a good chance to make up ground in the standings as championship leaders Kevin Magnussen and Stoffel Vandoorne struggled to get a clear lap in.
As the session restarted after the third stoppage, Magnussen finally appeared to have found himself some clear track for a flying lap. But seconds later there was another red flag, and the decision was taken not to restart again.
As a result Magnussen was only 16th quickest, while Vandoorne, who sits 27 points behind him, will start 11th.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Andre Negrao Draco 2m04.492s
2. Nico Muller Draco 2m05.825s +1.333s
3. Mikhail Aleshin Tech 1 2m06.059s +1.567s
4. Antonio Felix da Costa Arden Caterham 2m07.164s +2.672s
5. Will Stevens P1/Strakka 2m07.164s +2.672s
6. Sergey Sirotkin ISR 2m07.365s +2.873s
7. Marlon Stockinger Lotus 2m07.970s +3.478s
8. Pietro Fantin Arden Caterham 2m08.603s +4.111s
9. Nigel Melker Tech 1 2m09.656s +5.164s
10. Matias Laine P1/Strakka 2m10.669s +6.177s
11. Stoffel Vandoorne Fortec 2m10.716s +6.224s
12. Oliver Webb Fortec 2m10.901s +6.409s
13. Daniil Move Comtec 2m10.904s +6.412s
14. Christopher Zanella ISR 2m10.992s +6.500s
15. Yann Cunha AV 2m11.335s +6.843s
16. Kevin Magnussen DAMS 2m13.485s +8.993s
17. Carlos Huertas Carlin 2m14.263s +9.771s
18. Nikolay Martsenko Pons 2m14.741s +10.249s
19. Lucas Foresti Comtec 2m17.499s +13.007s
20. Marco Sorensen Lotus 2m25.760s +21.268s
21. Jazeman Jaafar Carlin -
22. Norman Nato DAMS -
23. Will Buller Zeta Corse -
24. Carlos Sainz Jr Zeta Corse -
25. Zoel Amberg Pons -
26. Arthur Pic AV -