Nick Yelloly returns to FR3.5 for Monaco round with Zeta Corse
|By Glenn Freeman||Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 14:19 GMT|
Formula Renault 3.5 race winner Nick Yelloly will return to the series for this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix support race with Zeta Corse.
The Briton, who finished fifth in the championship last season with Comtec Racing, received a last-minute call-up from the Italian team to replace Mihai Marinescu.
He will partner fellow GP3 racer Carlos Sainz Jr, who landed a one-off deal with the team last week.
Yelloly was also called up by Zeta Corse during pre-season testing to help with its development, ahead of his full-time campaign in GP3 with Carlin this year.
Zeta team manager Claudio Corradini said: "I'm happy to rely on Nick as he already proved to be a top class racer like in FR3.5 last year.
"I want to thank Trevor Carlin, who allowed us to sign Nick for this weekend at Monaco."
With both of its drivers on a one-off deal for Monaco this weekend, the team hopes to find drivers with a sufficient budget to complete the season from the following round at Spa onwards.
Corradini added that he has high hopes for the two current GP3 racers this weekend.
"We're very excited for the weekend ahead with two very talented drivers," he said.
"Now we have to work hard and enable our drivers to take full advantage of our race cars."