Andrew Jordan scored his second British Touring Car pole of the season at Thruxton as Honda Civics dominated qualifying.
Gordon Shedden set the pace early on, with the help of a tow from works Honda team-mate Matt Neal.
The reigning champion's 1m16.797s remained unbeaten for some time, with Neal's own late effort moving him closest on 1m16.894s. Like several of the frontrunners, both set their times by pushing the margins of the track limits at the chicane.
But in the closing moments, Jordan managed a 1m16.527s, despite running more success ballast (36kg) than either works car. It means the Eurotech driver has now qualified in the top four at Thruxton for the last five visits.
Jason Plato was the top non-Honda with his works MG. He was half a second slower than Jordan, but a similar amount ahead of team-mate Sam Tordoff in fifth.
Eurotech's Jeff Smith made it four Civics in the top six, just ahead of the spectacular Tom Onlsow-Cole in Team Hard's ever-improving VW Passat.
Frank Wrathall (Dynojet) and Dave Newsham (Speedworks) made it two Toyotas in the top 10, while Donington Park race winner Colin Turkington was 10th in the quickest of WSR's BMWs.
James Kaye (AmD VW Golf), Lea Wood's Vauxhall Vectra and the Chevrolet Cruze of Joe Girling all topped the S2000 class during the session and it was Girling who ended up fastest in 21st overall.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Andrew Jordan Eurotech Honda 1m16.527s
2. Gordon Shedden Honda 1m16.797s + 0.270s
3. Matt Neal Honda 1m16.894s + 0.367s
4. Jason Plato MG 1m17.045s + 0.518s
5. Sam Tordoff MG 1m17.559s + 1.032s
6. Jeff Smith Eurotech Honda 1m17.568s + 1.041s
7. Tom Onslow-Cole Hard VW 1m17.790s + 1.263s
8. Frank Wrathall Dynojet Toyota 1m17.823s + 1.296s
9. Dave Newsham Speedworks Toyota 1m17.918s + 1.391s
10. Colin Turkington WSR BMW 1m18.012s + 1.485s
11. Adam Morgan Ciceley Toyota 1m18.057s + 1.530s
12. Aron Smith Motorbase Ford 1m18.401s + 1.874s
13. Mat Jackson Motorbase Ford 1m18.580s + 2.053s
14. Jack Goff Hard Vauxhall 1m18.780s + 2.253s
15. Ollie Jackson Speedworks Toyota 1m18.933s + 2.406s
16. Rob Collard WSR BMW 1m19.474s + 2.947s
17. Nick Foster WSR BMW 1m19.521s + 2.994s
18. Will Bratt Austin Audi 1m19.912s + 3.385s
19. Daniel Welch Welch Proton 1m20.032s + 3.505s
20. James Cole Hard Vauxhall 1m20.234s + 3.707s
21. Joe Girling Finesse Chevrolet 1m20.369s + 3.842s*
22. Lea Wood Wood Vauxhall 1m20.424s + 3.897s*
23. James Kaye AmD VW 1m20.851s + 4.324s*
24. Liam Griffin Motorbase Ford 1m21.243s + 4.716s*
25. Rob Austin Austin Audi 1m21.350s + 4.823s
26. Warren Scott BMR SEAT 1m21.500s + 4.973s*
27. David Nye Motorbase Ford 1m21.607s + 5.080s*