Barcelona DTM test: Paffett keeps Mercedes on top
|By Jamie O'Leary||Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 21:11 GMT|
Gary Paffett kept Mercedes on top of the timesheets on the second day of DTM pre-season testing at Barcelona.
The HWA Mercedes driver completed 150 laps of the short version of the track, setting a best time of 1m06.149s, over half a second up on Robert Wickens' benchmark time of the opening day.
Augusto Farfus was second for BMW, this time 0.028s off the pace. The Brazilian had been fastest in the morning running.
Another BMW driver, Timo Glock, was the fastest rookie in third. He was followed by the Mercedes' of Wickens and Daniel Juncadella. Former champion Martin Tomczyk completed the top six.
The manufacturers continued to evaluate the use of the DRS and Hankook option tyres that could be introduced this year.
Pos Driver Car Time 1. Gary Paffett Mercedes 1m06.149s
2. Augusto Farfus BMW 1m06.177s
3. Timo Glock BMW 1m06.215s
4. Robert Wickens Mercedes 1m06.652s
5. Daniel Juncadella Mercedes 1m06.809s
6. Martin Tomczyk BMW 1m07.207s
7. Timo Scheider Audi 1m07.486s
8. Miguel Molina Audi 1m07.549s
9. Mattias Ekstrom Audi 1m07.596s
10. Maxime Martin BMW 1m07.929s
11. Edoardo Mortara Audi 1m08.035s