Mexico may be Ken Block's sole WRC event during 2013
|By David Evans||Friday, March 8th 2013, 11:16 GMT|
Ken Block has admitted this week's Rally Mexico could be his only World Rally Championship outing of the season.
The American had hoped to compete at least three WRC 2013 rounds, but his schedule of Rally America, Global Rallycross and X Games events mean his Guanajuato outing is likely to be his sole WRC show of the year.
"We're doing one event in the WRC right now and this is it," said Block. "It's a time and budget thing, but more the time thing. I would love to do more, but you know right now I'm on a six-week trip at the moment, where I'm home for two days.
"I've come here straight from doing some demonstration runs at the Aussie V8 race in Adelaide, so there's been no time for a test. In fact, I haven't been in the World Rally Car since Finland last year!"
Block made his World Rally Championship debut in Mexico six years ago and it is the event on which he has the most experience: this week is his fifth start in Leon.
The Hoonigan Racing driver is chasing a repeat of his top-10 finish in Leon last year.
Block said: "I still think a top 10 is possible, I don't think I can be anywhere near the top five unless there were any major problems with some of the other guys, but to be able to walk away from points I'd be very happy with that considering I haven't tested at all."