Sutil says he has nothing to prove against team-mate di Resta
|By Jamie O'Leary and Matt Beer||Saturday, March 2nd 2013, 10:15 GMT|
Adrian Sutil says he has nothing to prove against Force India team-mate Paul di Resta, having already shown he can beat the Scot.
Di Resta was evenly-matched with highly-rated 2012 team-mate Nico Hulkenberg for most of last year, while Sutil spent the season on the sidelines having lost his seat.
Sutil will now return to his old role alongside di Resta, filling the gap left by his replacement Hulkenberg's Sauber move.
Asked by AUTOSPORT if it was important for his career to overshadow di Resta this year, Sutil underlined that he had come out on top when they were paired in 2011.
"I was ahead of him. I was ahead of him in the championship. I was ninth, he was 13th," Sutil said.
"That's the bottom line. What more can I say?
"Of course my aim is to do better, get the best position. Not only concentrate on my team-mate.
"I know he's a strong driver, but I have shown I am a strong driver too. It's nothing I have to be worried about."
The German believes Kimi Raikkonen's strong return with Lotus last year proves a brief break from F1 is not a problem for a driver.
"I don't think about problems," Sutil declared. "I look forward to races. I'm a positive person.
"If I only look at potential problems, then I'll get myself into a real problem.
"I've only been out of racing for one year.
"Kimi is the best example. He was the most consistent driver in the whole field last year and he'd had two years out."