James Calado was quickest as the first GP2 test of 2013 wrapped up at Jerez on Thursday.
Tom Dillmann, still hunting for a drive, had set the pace on the opening two days with new team Hilmer. But the German squad opted not to run on the final day bar a quick shakedown lap.
Day three began on a wet track, which did not fully dry until near lunchtime.
Auto GP champion Adrian Quaife-Hobbs set the pace for another new squad, MP Motorsport, but his 1m26.442s was two seconds off the times that would be logged in the improved afternoon conditions.
See more GP2 testing images in the AUTOSPORT news gallery
It was a strong showing for MP, though, with Quaife-Hobbs' team-mate Daniel de Jong fourth behind DAMS duo Stephane Richelmi and Marcus Ericsson.
Felipe Nasr and Formula Renault 3.5 champion Robin Frijns completed the top six.
Calado put his ART car on top with a 1m24.659s mid-afternoon and stayed there to the finish.
Rapax's Simon Trummer was his nearest rival, nearly 0.4 seconds adrift, ahead of Fabio Leimer, Stefano Coletti and the DAMS cars.
Top rookie was GP3 champion Mitch Evans in eighth place for Arden.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Adrian Quaife-Hobbs MP 1m26.442s 28
2. Stephane Richelmi DAMS 1m26.884s + 0.442s 21
3. Marcus Ericsson DAMS 1m26.904s + 0.462s 22
4. Daniel de Jong MP 1m27.025s + 0.583s 32
5. Felipe Nasr Carlin 1m27.121s + 0.679s 17
6. Robin Frijns Trident 1m27.156s + 0.714s 12
7. Simon Trummer Rapax 1m27.208s + 0.766s 24
8. Stefano Coletti Rapax 1m27.239s + 0.797s 6
9. Nathanael Berthon Trident 1m27.514s + 1.072s 10
10. Mitch Evans Arden 1m27.560s + 1.118s 18
11. Kevin Giovesi Lazarus 1m27.846s + 1.404s 16
12. Jolyon Palmer Carlin 1m28.299s + 1.857s 25
13. Johnny Cecotto Arden 1m28.379s + 1.937s 21
14. Jake Rosenzweig Addax 1m28.489s + 2.047s 15
15. Rene Binder Lazarus 1m29.147s + 2.705s 13
16. Rio Haryanto Addax 1m29.303s + 2.861s 23
17. Sergio Canamasas Caterham 1m29.303s + 2.861s 23
18. Ma Qing Hua Caterham 1m30.372s + 3.930s 23
19. James Calado ART 1m48.064s + 21.622s 12
20. Daniel Abt ART 1m56.592s + 30.150s 12
21. Tom Dillmann Hilmer 1
22. Julian Leal Racing Engineering 6
23. Fabio Leimer Racing Engineering 1
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. James Calado ART 1m24.659s 54
2. Simon Trummer Rapax 1m25.045s + 0.386s 26
3. Fabio Leimer Racing Engineering 1m25.133s + 0.474s 27
4. Stefano Coletti Rapax 1m25.138s + 0.479s 35
5. Stephane Richelmi DAMS 1m25.148s + 0.489s 38
6. Marcus Ericsson DAMS 1m25.269s + 0.610s 39
7. Jolyon Palmer Carlin 1m25.276s + 0.617s 38
8. Mitch Evans Arden 1m25.309s + 0.650s 41
9. Julian Leal Racing Engineering 1m25.318s + 0.659s 44
10. Kevin Giovesi Lazarus 1m25.497s + 0.838s 40
11. Robin Frijns Trident 1m25.572s + 0.913s 23
12. Daniel Abt ART 1m25.695s + 1.036s 56
13. Johnny Cecotto Arden 1m25.829s + 1.170s 37
14. Sergio Canamasas Caterham 1m25.833s + 1.174s 47
15. Rene Binder Lazarus 1m25.862s + 1.203s 17
16. Felipe Nasr Carlin 1m25.883s + 1.224s 33
17. Ma Qing Hua Caterham 1m25.896s + 1.237s 43
18. Daniel de Jong MP 1m25.959s + 1.300s 31
19. Adrian Quaife-Hobbs MP 1m26.031s + 1.372s 39
20. Nathanael Berthon Trident 1m26.049s + 1.390s 21
21. Jake Rosenzweig Addax 1m26.133s + 1.474s 43
22. Rio Haryanto Addax 1m26.767s + 2.108s 38