The return of the Chrysler Viper to the Le Mans 24 Hours was confirmed in Paris on Friday when race organisers unveiled the entry list for this year's race.
Two GTE Pro class Viper GTS-Rs have been entered under by the Riley Technologies-run SRT Motorsports team, which is masterminding the US muscle car's return to racing.
The cars will be badged as SRTs after after Chrysler's Street & Racing Tuning brand.
Marc Goossens and Dominik Farnbacher, who were both part of SRT's partial campaign in the American Le Mans Series in 2012, have been slated as the drivers of the car.
SRT director Beth Paretta, whose remit covers motorsport, said: "Our goal in our first year was to be invited. We are so excited to be returning to Le Mans; we couldn't be more excited about being back on the world stage."
The two Vipers bolster an impressive GTE Pro class that includes two factory AstonMartin Vantage GTEs and two 991-shaped Porsche 911 GT3-RSRs, to be fielded by a Manthey-run works team.
ACO sporting director Vincent Beaumesnil said: "I don't think I have seen so many great GT cars on the grid. We have five manufacturers with two cars each, who are all are going to be battling it out at Le Mans."
There are only eight LMP1 prototypes on the entry for Le Mans, including three Audis and two Toyotas.
This follows the late withdrawal of the British JRM squad, which has opted to withdraw for financial reasons, and OAK Racing's decision to focus its P1 programme on the development of its all-new 2014 car.
2013 Le Mans 24 Hours entry list:
1. Audi Sport Team Joest Audi Andre Lotterer
2. Audi Sport Team Joest Audi Tom Kristensen
3. Audi Sport Team Joest Audi Marc Gene
7. Toyota Racing Toyota Alex Wurz
8. Toyota Racing Toyota Anthony Davidson
12. Rebellion Racing Lola-Toyota Nicolas Prost
13. Rebellion Racing Lola-Toyota Neel Jani
21. Strakka Racing HPD-Honda Nick Leventis
24. OAK Racing Morgan-Nissan Jacques Nicolet
25. Delta-ADR ORECA-Nissan John Martin
26. G-Drive Racing ORECA-Nissan Roman Rusinov
27. Sebastien Loeb Racing ORECA-Nissan Franck Montagny
28. Gulf Racing Middle East Lola-Nissan Fabien Giroix
29. Gulf Racing Middle East Lola-Nissan Frederic Fatien
30. HVM Status GP Lola-Judd Jonathan Kennard
31. Lotus Lotus Kevin Weeda
32. Lotus Lotus Thomas Holzer
33. Level 5 Motorsports HPD-Honda Scott Tucker
35. OAK Racing Morgan-Nissan Olivier Pla
36. Signatech ORECA-NIssan Franck Maillieux
38. Jota Sport Zytek-Nissan Simon Dolan
40. Boutsen Ginion Racing ORECA-Nissan Koen Wauters
41. Greaves Motorsport Zytek-Nissan Christian Zugel
42. Greaves Motorsport Zytek-Nissan Tom Kimber-Smith
44. Starworks Motorsport HPD-Honda Alex Popow
45. OAK Racing Morgan-Nissan David Heinemeier Hansson
46. Thiriet by TDS ORECA-Nissan Piere Thiriet
47. KCMG Morgan-Nissan Alexandre Imperatori
48. Murphy Prototypes ORECA-Nissan Brendon Hartley
51. AF Corse Ferrari Gianmaria Bruni
66. JMW Motorsport Ferrari Tim Sugden
71. AF Corse Ferrari Olivier Beretta
73. Corvette Racing Corvette Antonio Garcia
74. Corvette Racing Corvette Oliver Gavin
91. Porsche AG Team Manthey Porsche Marc Lieb
92. Porsche AG Team Manthey Porsche Jorg Bergmeister
93. SRT Motorsports Viper Marco Goossens
94. SRT Motorsports Viper Dominik Farnbacher
97. Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Darren Turner
99. Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Stefan Mucke
50. Larbre Competition Corvette Patrick Bornhauser
54. AF Corse Ferrari Yannick Mallegol
55. AF Corse Ferrari Piergiuseppe Perazzini
57. Krohn Racing Ferrari Tracy Krohn
61. AF Corse Ferrari Jack Gerber
67. Imsa Performance Porsche Pascal Gibon
70. Larbre Competition Corvette Pedro Lamy
76. Imsa Performance Porsche Raymond Narac
77. Dempsey Proton Porsche Patrick Dempsey
80. Extreme Speed Motorsports Ferrari Scott Sharp
81. 8Star Motorsports Ferrari Enzo Potolicchio
88. Proton Competition Porsche Christian Ried
95. Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Allan Simonsen
96. Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Roald Goethe
56. Green GT Green GT Christian Pescatori
Reserves (in order of priority)
34. Race Performance ORECA-Judd Michel Frey
43. Morand Racing Morgan-Judd Natacha Gachnang
39. DKR Engineering Lola-Judd Olivier Porta
37. Signatech ORECA-Nissan Pierre Ragues
23. Delta-ADR ORECA-Nissan Shinji Nakano
20. HVM Status GP Lola-Judd Warren Hughes
98. Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Stuart Hall (Am)
75. ProSpeed Competition Porsche Abdulaziz Al Faisal (Am)
52. Ram Racing Ferrari Johnny Mowlem (Pro)
90. TRG AMR North America Aston Martin Kevin Buckler (Am)
*Drivers named for administrative purposes only and are subject to change.
** Will run outside general classification.