Click to view our fantastic subscription offers

Instant access to the F1 paddock

You have 5 views remaining

You have read 10 stories this month. After 15, you will need to register or subscribe.

Register with us for free to view 30 stories a month.

Or subscribe to AUTOSPORT+ for unlimited news stories and access to our exclusive subscriber-only content.

Our commitment to quality journalism

We've introduced metered access to AUTOSPORT which will ensure that the majority of our visitors can continue to view the site for free. But we think that is worth a small investment from those who use it most, so that we can continue to send the leading experts in their field to motor racing paddocks all over the world to break the latest news and produce the most compelling interviews and race reports.

Every visitor gets 15 free page views per month. Once you reach the limit you can register to get 30 views or choose one of our value-for-money subscription packages to continue viewing and to get additional access to a range of features including:

  • Unlimited access to AUTOSPORT with news and views from the paddock
  • Enjoy AUTOSPORT+: subscriber-only analysis, comment and top-quality pictures
  • Get AUTOSPORT magazine in a digital format on your computer or iPad every week
  • Full access to FORIX - the world's best motorsport statistics website

We greatly appreciate your continued support to keep AUTOSPORT at the forefront of motorsport coverage, and we look forward to welcoming you as a new subscriber.


Glenn Freeman
AUTOSPORT.com Editor

autosport.com
Search:
Find out more about our subscriptions
  AUTOSPORT+ LOGIN AUTOSPORT Plus  
Username:
Password:
WRC NEWS 

M-Sport reveals 2013 Ford Fiesta WRC car

M-Sport has revealed its 2013 Ford Fiesta for this year's World Rally Championship at AUTOSPORT International.

The team's WRC future was placed in doubt over the winter following the announcement that Ford would withdraw its factory support at the end of 2012.

However, M-Sport has managed to sign a major deal with Qatar to keep it in the series, and it revealed its 2013 Fiesta WRC on the AUTOSPORT stage with KX on Thursday morning.

Team boss Malcolm Wilson said: "The last three months of last year were the most difficult of my business life.

"The reduced investment from Ford obviously put a lot of pressure on the team to find added investment.

"With the Fiesta WRC we have a fantastically competitive car and the last thing we wanted was not to be able to fight at the highest level.

"We've got Qatar on board which has filled a big hole. We've got some way to go but I'm confident that we can challenge for some good results and that will bring more interest."

Mads Ostberg, who will be joined by Evgeny Novikov and Thierry Neuville in the team this year, said he was happy with the performance of the 2013-spec car in testing.

"The car feels good," he said. "I did two and a half days in December and the last test day before we go to Monte Carlo is tomorrow.

"This is a big opportunity, and we have been working very hard to get into this position.

"The first aim is to start winning rallies. During the season maybe we will need to focus on the championship but at the beginning we just want to get good results and start winning."

Subs
  More news  
    advertisement
  RELATED LINKS
Read the AUTOSPORT Digital Edition
Visit the autosport.com shop
See highlights from 60 years of AUTOSPORT
Haymarket