Pedro de la Rosa putting HRT's future worries to back of his mind
|By Jonathan Noble and Pablo Elizalde||Thursday, November 15th 2012, 18:09 GMT|
Pedro de la Rosa insists he remains completely focused on doing the best possible job in the final two races of the 2012 Formula 1 season despite the news of his HRT team being put up for sale.
Owner Thesan Capital announced earlier this week that it wanted to off-load the Spanish team, casting doubts about the Madrid-based squad's future.
De la Rosa joined the team for the current season after signing a two-year deal that expires at the end of next year.
Speaking ahead of the United States Grand Prix, the Spaniard said there was not much he could do other than focus on doing his job as well as possible.
"Unfortunately there is not much I can say," said de la Rosa. "It is a corporate decision I am not involved in.
"All I can say is we are here. There are two grands prix to go and no matter what is going on in background we will give it 100 per cent.
"As we have always done - no matter what position we are in we will do a professional job. There are two interesting races left and hopefully there will be more retirements than recent races so we can get a decent result."
De la Rosa dismissed reports from the Spanish media that HRT had no spare parts for the upcoming grand prix, saying he was sure the car was perfectly safe.
"It is something I am not aware of and the first news comes from you," he said. "All I can say is that we might be modest, we are small and we are what we are, but we are a professional F1 team and for sure if we go and start running it's because the car is safe.
"I am experienced enough. I will never jump into an unsafe car because of the parts being too old. The car is slow but it is safe."